Cone Flower

Hey! Hi everyone. Been hibernating a bit since I spoke at NECCC the second weekend in July. I had about 400 photographers attend my sessions. Great energy.

So here's a cone flower I did back in June. (processing is a tiny bit heavy in this) but thought I"d share.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone. the "background" is actually a texture I added. It was a random one I got from the interwebz. I didnt mask it as well as I should have....its heavy on the green leafy part.
but still like the cheery feel of it.

thanks!

Its a texture, technically. :smile: that was a random one from the internet. but you can google, Flypaper, French Kiss textures, Joel Olives. or Google vintage textures for photoshop.

there are some nice tutorials on you tube--search> layers and masking.

Its a texture, technically. :smile: that was a random one from the internet. but you can google, Flypaper, French Kiss textures, Joel Olives. or Google vintage textures for photoshop.

there are some nice tutorials on you tube--search> layers and masking.
Thanks fer that cindie, opens a new world.

I usually don't like the postwork done in pictures. But then I look at your pictures, and realize that it is because there is such good work as yours, that other examples just pale in comparison.

I usually don't like the postwork done in pictures. But then I look at your pictures, and realize that it is because there is such good work as yours, that other examples just pale in comparison.
Thats nice of you to say. thank you. In terms of PP, it should help tell the story of the image. It should highlight the feeling you felt that made you lift your camera--the essence. I was never really taught effective PP and I struggled for a long time.....I think I still often do.

but if you can believe in the story the image is telling....its at least a little easier. :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom