Coney Island Mermaid Parade June 21st...

I'm coming down from Boston w/ a bunch of photogs for the Coney Island Mermaid Parade which is Sat. June 21st at 1PM.
The Mermaid Parade is the largest art parade in the nation. A celebration of ancient mythology and honky-tonk rituals of the seaside, it showcases over 1,500 creative individuals from all over the five boroughs and beyond, opening the summer with incredible art, entrepreneurial spirit and community pride. The parade highlights Coney Island Pageantry based on a century of many Coney parades, celebrates the artistic vision of the masses, and ensures that the summer season is a success by bringing hundreds of thousands of people to the amusement area in a single day.

The MERMAID PARADE specifically was founded in 1983 with 3 goals: it brings mythology to life for local residents who live on streets named Mermaid and Neptune ; it creates self-esteem in a district that is often disregarded as “entertainment”; and it lets artistic New Yorkers find self-expression in public.

If anyone's interested in meeting up let me know...will definitely go early to the staging area ($25 fee as a marcher, which lets you do both) as it's pretty crowded (thanks Dez).

Last edited:
Great. I'm planning to go for the staging area portion. I look like my avatar. Hope to see you (and Dez) there.
ANOTHER year I can't make it Larry!!!! :(

My son has hockey playoffs and championship games this weekend.

Hope you guys have a blast. Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Sorry to hear that Joe. I guess that leaves more mermaids for us.:) Good luck to your son.

Maybe we can plan another night shoot one of these days?

Sorry to hear that Joe. I guess that leaves more mermaids for us.:) Good luck to your son.

Maybe we can plan another night shoot one of these days?
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT!!!!!!!!! My son's hockey has become like a second full time job!!! LOL Right now he's playing on 3 different teams for the spring!!! Luckily, it's all coming to an end but the end of January and we have some free time before next season starts up. I would love to get together with everyone again!!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom