Coney Island

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Fred G, Jul 28, 2007.

1. I visited here on Sunday 22 July and will do so again since the landscape here is set to change due to renewal and development.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was there in the morning as the sun and sky were better but the downside is the place was pretty much devoid of people. Thanks for looking and feel free to comment & critique.

2. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    impressive! where those shot with a 12-24?

3. Thanks, Matt. I used a Sigma 10-20.

4. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    The B&W really works for Coney Island, and the sky adds to the shots

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Very nice shots . Love the B&W

6. Joe and Biggs, thanks! I really lucked out with the sky that day.

7. Daniel-Swe

Daniel-Swe Guest

Wow !! Outstanding!
    Very well done!
    I pick number 2 as my favorite!

8. Thank you, Daniel!

9. I have never been, but the pic's sure are cool.

10. Thanks, Kombi1!

11. I love the sky!

12. love the sky.....b&w works great on these shots....david

13. sillybgoat

sillybgoat Guest

Great photo's. Did you do anything in particular to get the sky to stand out so much? Was it processed as HDR or anything?

14. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

talk about a dramatic sky! Go often, shoot more before it closes and post here.

15. Nice shots, the clouds that day was perfect!

Anthony

16. These are excellent. The contrast is spot on.

17. I shot them underexposed a tad with a circular polarizer on the lens. During the b/w conversion I used a virtual red filter to darken the sky and sharpened a bit. I really dig that dark ominous sky look in others' photos I've seen here and elsewhere so I wanted to do it myself.

Thanks everyone for looking and I'm glad you enjoy the photos.