Critique Confession time....

JLH

I have this border collie, Maggie, who has been my companion the past twelve years. I have hundreds of photos of her. I do most of them in color but sometimes do them in B&W. To be honest, outside of the grass she is on you can not tell the difference between the color and the B&W versions, at all, even with no post processing! At least the zebra had some color on its mane and snout. :)

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The color version is beautiful. The black and white version is breathtaking! I want to start drinking what you're drinking! :)
It's great to see this thread revived, as I'm enjoying the photos every bit as much the second time as the first time.
B&W works so well with this fantastic image. Did you take it on the way to the grocery store at 6am?
Stunning image!
Works really well in B&W.
2 stunners Karen (I had to look and comment again :) )
Excellent b&w shot.
I'll take the b/w, hooves down. Great image and moment. Can't comment on the wine...never had a glass of it.
Thank you all so very much!!!! I really enjoy photographing zebras! And trying to get really good action shots of zebras (or birds or cheetahs or ......) is very challenging. This image made the rigors of the trip all worthwhile for me.

Real Name
Dan
I missed this thread first time around. What an awesome shot. Typically not a fan of B/W but when it works, it works. And it does so here. Really an excellent capture and well processed. Excellent job.

Real Name
Mike
B&W looks very fine. Composition is excellent but I like darker blacks and higher contrast. My 2¢

Latest threads

Top Bottom