Critique Connie's (Clix Pix) 52 Week Project 2020 ------ AND IT'S A WRAP!!!! 53 WEEKS DONE!!!!

Thanks, Morten! I'm glad I was able to get out there last week and shoot those flowers, as this week so far has been rather chilly and damp, not good photography weather! When I shot the Hooded Mergansers and then later was reviewing he images in the computer, when I got to the one with the guy with the "bad hair day," I knew I had to edit and share that one! LOL!

Week 13 -- a mixed bag this time! Weather didn't always allow me to get out and commune with the flowers and there were other distractions as well, so while the macro lens was kept busy, in the end not as many flowers as the last couple of weeks.

As some know, this week's Collective Shoot is about desaturating one's images. I daresay this particular image is the complete opposite of that! :D

Orangeness.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wind, rain and weather have conspired to destroy the beautiful gifts Nature has been bringing us, and the Tulip Magnolias are suffering, but the Cherry Blossoms are hanging in there:

Cherry Blossom Delight.jpg

Playing around with light and shapes:

Porcupine.jpeg

Even as the Tulip Magnolias are already going away, we have the promise of real Tulips coming along soon:

A Tulip on the Way.jpg

A companion to my image shared in this week's Collective Shoot:

Am I Blue.jpeg

Reactions: BLX
Thanks, Nick! Yeah, that orange image is really in-your-face one all the way, that color just can't be escaped. Oh, and in case anyone was wondering, orange does happen to be my favorite color!

My state has now definitely been put under a firm Stay-at-Home/lockdown order, and more places have been shut down than had been previously, so, yeah, just like for most others here, right now the options for finding and shooting interesting subjects are limited. I am lucky in that I live in a neighborhood where there are possibilities from time to time of snagging and shooting interesting subjects, but a lot of that also depends upon weather conditions as well. Needless to say, this whole thing is adding an extra, unexpected challenge into the 52-Weeks project, isn't it?!

We are all operating under new constraints--but that is just a challenge and you have risen to it well! Love the new adds.

Thanks, Urbanflyer! Fortunately for me, much of what I am doing now is something that I pretty have been doing all winter anyway, so I am not feeling especially stressed by this current situation the way many people are, especially those who have children at home all the time now and trying to do online schooling or workbooks, or a spouse trying to work from home and feeling frustrated by distractions.... About the only thing really different right now for me is that I can't just decide impulsively to jump in the car and go to a local park and spend an afternoon with the camera, or run to a store which may have something in which I'm interested, since most shops are shuttered and parks are closed.

Thanks, Morten! I'm sorry to see these beautiful blossoms going away -- they've been wonderful for cheering the neighborhood during these last weeks and of course they've been terrific subjects for my 52 weeks project! I enjoy doing abstracts, too, looking at things around my house in a different way and seeing what I can do with them....

Wow, Week 14 came and went in a hurry! Another focus on flowers.....

First up: Last of the beautiful Cherry Blossoms!

Spring Beauty.jpg

Ah, but not to worry -- the tulips were right on the heels of this Spring's earlier blooms:

Tulip in Bloom.jpg

Tulip tipping its head to share its secrets:

Tulip Revealing All.jpg

A little later in the week more tulips made their showy appearance:

Quartet in Red.jpeg

One thing I love about tulips is their brilliant colors, and this one certainly is proudly, brilliantly red:

It's All About Red.jpeg

Wow, Week 14 came and went in a hurry! Another focus on flowers.....

First up: Last of the beautiful Cherry Blossoms!

View attachment 1658506

Ah, but not to worry -- the tulips were right on the heels of this Spring's earlier blooms:

View attachment 1658507

Tulip tipping its head to share its secrets:

View attachment 1658508

A little later in the week more tulips made their showy appearance:

View attachment 1658509

One thing I love about tulips is their brilliant colors, and this one certainly is proudly, brilliantly red:

View attachment 1658510
Connie you are so right Tulips do have saturated colours!
Plus reds & yellows are my favourites and I have several in my garden!

Thanks, Morten and Mike! A few days last week the weather wasn't too nice but then it finally became pleasant again and so far this week we've had sunshine in abundance and warmer temperatures, which is great! I need to walk further afield around the neighborhood, see what flowers people have planted that are now blooming, too! The red and yellow tulips are at the entrance to our community, which makes for a very pretty, welcoming scene when driving in here.

Everything's blooming earlier here this spring -- cherry blossoms, tulip magnolias, tulips, azaleas.....it's wild!! I'm loving it, though! Azaleas are about to pop in another few days on the bushes right beneath my bedroom windows, and they've already popped on a bush in front of another building near mine. This has been a delightful spring so far with regard to flowers!

Week 15: it's Azalea Time! Along with a couple other flowers and an oddity "just because....."

This beauty is unusual in the midst of all the other red or yellow tulips -- I guess he couldn't make up his mind which to be! LOL!

Yellow & Red Tulip.jpg

I spotted this little yellow treasure while walking to the mailbox kiosk:

Yellow Tucked into the Green.jpg

Finally the Azaleas burst into full bloom, bringing their own joyfulness to Spring:

Azaleas Bursting into Bloom.jpg

Azaleas are such interesting flowers!

Springtime is Azalea Time.jpeg

And here's the odd photo out: it's guessing time again!

Soft As a Cloud.jpeg

13 - love the sunflower seeds.

14 - wonderful tulip shots, tulips and iris are two flowers I enjoy shooting when I have the chance.

15 - beautiful colors, especially the tulip.

Latest threads

Top Bottom