Critique Connie's (Clix Pix) 52 Week Project 2020 ------ AND IT'S A WRAP!!!! 53 WEEKS DONE!!!!

....and a gold star for you, Morten!! Yep, actually one toilet paper roll on top of a mirror, positioned by the window to get the light and, more importantly, to capture the clouds.... "soft as a cloud." !!! (Yeah, I know I have a weird sense of humor!) I was surprised when I looked at the image in the computer to see how the macro lens really explored the way the toilet paper is made.

I've been having fun with all the flowers bursting into bloom over the past several weeks, even though the flowers, greening-up trees and their pollen do cause my allergies to flare up. Spring only comes once a year and by gum, allergies or not, I'm going to enjoy it! :)

Week 16 is now but a memory.....captured in photos, of course!

The delight of Dogwood blossoms -- and again, like the Tulip Magnolias, with us such a brief time.....

Dogwood Blossoms.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Early in the week, the azaleas in front of my building were still coming to life, emerging:

Almost Open.jpg

And now for a change of pace from flowers; the weather hasn't been very nice lately, so a good time for the macro lens and me to spend some time indoors:

Curves.jpg

Interesting what one can spot around the house to shoot:

Bubbles.jpeg

Rising From the Darkness.jpg

I can't guess what a couple of those macros are, but IMHO you're knocking them out of the park. This fun following.

Thank you, Gordon! I'm having fun doing these, too, especially the macros -- a lot of times they are spontaneous as I look around the house and spot some ordinary object and think, "what interesting things can I do with that? Guess I'll get out the camera and the macro lens and explore it!" I enjoy making ordinary things not look so....ordinary. As the saying goes, "the whole is the sum of its parts," and it's the parts that I often find most interesting! Macros are not just for bugs, butterflies and flowers..... :)

Week 17 has arrived..... Nothing much exciting this week, just the same-old, same-old.....

Dandy Little Dandelion.jpeg

Ghostly.jpeg

Hot Pink .jpeg

Lines.jpeg

Velvety Purple.jpeg

Reactions: BLX
Thanks, Nick! I think last week a lot of people were apparently busy with other things..... This whole pandemic thing is throwing all of us out of kilter in so many ways, so many accustomed routines changed and disrupted for one reason or another! That said, I will admit that I was beginning to wonder if my images were just becoming too boring so that people maybe looked, but decided that they didn't want or have the time to comment on them....... This whole creativity thing when primarily staying at home, yeah, especially combined with not-nice weather after a while does become a bit challenging! I was thrilled when the new coffeemaker arrived as all of a sudden I saw an opportunity for a whole bunch of new photos lurking within it...... Sad, huh? Oh, and, yes, it makes really nice coffee, too! :).

Anyway, actually, that "glass with water" photo in Week 16 isn't quite that..... I've gotten rather a lot of mileage out of my new coffeemaker when it comes to photo ops, and that image is definitely one of my favorites, while this week's favorite is the last one shared in Week 17.

Ah, that is the metal bar separating two rocker-type things in which one places one's feet in order to stretch leg muscles. Years ago when I had surgery for a herniated disk at L-5/S1 on the left side, the people at PT recommended this and it was useful to get my left leg calf muscles back in shape again. Every now and then I still use it, and the other day I got to looking at it as a potential photo subject.....and after playing around with it for a while, Image #4 was the result!

Thank you, Klaus -- what a lovely compliment! I really have been enjoying this project, and although some times I feel more inspired than at other times that is what makes the 52 Weeks ideal, as it does offer more flexibility in when one shoots and how much one shoots. It's keeping me on my toes, too, though, always thinking, always looking around, for something interesting to shoot or a way to make something that appears to be uninteresting on the surface into something a bit more visually intriguing.

Ah, that is the metal bar separating two rocker-type things in which one places one's feet in order to stretch leg muscles. Years ago when I had surgery for a herniated disk at L-5/S1 on the left side, the people at PT recommended this and it was useful to get my left leg calf muscles back in shape again. Every now and then I still use it, and the other day I got to looking at it as a potential photo subject.....and after playing around with it for a while, Image #4 was the result!

Never would have guessed. Very cool. :cool:

When I get a chance I'll take a photo of the actual entire object, as no, this isn't something that anyone could've guessed by looking at the image I presented. Unlike some of the other subjects I have pressed into service, this isn't an ordinary, everyday object that could be recognized because it is common, since it really isn't. Speaking of which: here's a sneak peek hint about what's coming in Week 18, as I've already been having some fun with an everyday object, an ordinary resident of my kitchen..... :)

Well, here we are at the end of Week 18 already, with a fresh crop of photos to share....

The weather wasn't very nice most of the week, so the macro lens and I spent a lot of time indoors.

First up: inspired by the "circles" theme of the recent CSS, I looked around and found something circular and more interesting than the kitchen sink circles that I had shared there:

Circles of Light.jpeg

It was a busy week, and I didn't have as much time to shoot as I usually do, and a couple of times just used my iPhone rather than getting out the camera when I saw something that I thought might be an intriguing subject. I sometimes use the iPhone as a preliminary to deciding if I want to go further with a subject, and then use the "real camera" for shooting more polished images, but in this case and in two others I liked what I had gotten with the iPhone and so stuck with them.

Getting a Handle on Things.jpeg

Lightplay.jpeg

Picking Up the Orange.jpeg

Finally did manage to get outdoors yesterday afternoon and had some fun shooting. Spring is wonderful -- everything is so green and fresh!

Glossy.jpg

Thanks, Morten! This past week I had more time to shoot and also was able to spend more time outdoors, so did have some fun with the camera. Later today I'll sort through the images, pick out the ones I like the most and share them here for Week 19. Wow, this year is going quickly in some ways; hard to believe we're now embarking on Week 20!!

Latest threads

Top Bottom