Critique Connie's (Clix Pix) 52 Week Project 2020 ------ AND IT'S A WRAP!!!! 53 WEEKS DONE!!!!

No clue ? a hint?

It is something which most of us have in our households and use on a regular weekly basis; it is a familiar item which is now being offered and packaged in a different way than what many of us grew up with. It is NOT glowing and blue! The UV/black light just makes it look that way.... It does make other things look nice, though. :)

It looks like you are having a great time with your new gear and are producing some wonderful photos. I loved browsing your entire challenge so far!

Thank you, Terri! Yes, I am really having a blast with my new camera and lenses and it has been truly a delight getting back into shooting what I love: macros, abstracts, water birds, etc., and coming up with new ways to shoot familiar items!

BINGO!!!! Yep! A Gold Star for you, Nick! Oh, and Urbanflyer, too, whose post came in while I was typing. Kudos to you both! I had read a list of items which are likely to glow when a UV/Black light is pointed at them and laundry detergent is listed. Well, let's see, I thought, grabbing my package of ALL Free 'n' Clear detergent pods. I was astonished! So so, cool..... I've got a couple of other items I want to experiment with, too, just haven't done it yet. This is so much fun!

And here we go, presenting the images which starred in Week 9!

First up: had a little fun experimenting in B&W, and also discovered some features I hadn't known were available in the NIK software....

Ascending:descending.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Didn't have a lot of sunshine this past week but did manage to take advantage of the one day we did:

Catching the Sun.jpg

Sorry, no ducks, geese or other real live birdies this week, but I think this image kind of looks like a bird:

A Different Kind of Bird.jpeg

Here's a more complete image of what that B&W "bird" really is.....a Dragon Fruit!

DF 3.jpeg

Last, but not least, more fun with gels and color as I got a little artsy with a filter/preset in Luminar 3. This image may look familiar to those ho have been following this week's Collective Shoot:

Spoons.jpeg

Thank you, Bill! I'm rather partial to slinkies and from time to time one will pop up in an image..... They're fun to play with! The blue vase/yellow flowers was more challenging than I had anticipated, as I first started out trying to shoot it with my continuous lighting and such, trying high-key, regular lighting, etc., but nothing seemed to work right and it was getting frustrating. Finally I gave up and a day or two later when we had sunshine, took the subject into "Studio B" and tried again with the natural light. I also switched from using the macro lens to my 85mm f/1.8 lens as well, and after some experimenting and shooting, this was the image I liked most, and it is right up there with my overall favorites from this project so far.

BINGO!!!! Yep! A Gold Star for you, Nick! Oh, and Urbanflyer, too, whose post came in while I was typing. Kudos to you both! I had read a list of items which are likely to glow when a UV/Black light is pointed at them and laundry detergent is listed. Well, let's see, I thought, grabbing my package of ALL Free 'n' Clear detergent pods. I was astonished! So so, cool..... I've got a couple of other items I want to experiment with, too, just haven't done it yet. This is so much fun!
another thing of interest for UV light is scorpions!

49614970467_6fd9273581_c.jpg
scoprpion in UV (3 of 1) by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Reactions: BLX
Real Name
Morten
Wow you're on a roll here Connie - brilliant set (y)
Awesome close-ups and the artsy shot of spoons is also very cool

Last edited:
And here we are with Week 10's offerings! It was a busy week but I still did get in some shooting anyway, and was especially pleased that I could start capturing real signs of Spring: the budding Tulip Magnolia trees at the head of the lake and also the teeny little mini-daffodils that are in front of my building. As usual, couldn't stay away from doing some abstracts and tabletops, too, though.....

On March 1st for some reason I was in an orange mood:

In the Kingdom of Orange3.jpg

I was so thrilled to see these lovely little buds which will eventually burst into full bloom as gorgeous, aromatic flowers:

Budding Tulip Magnolias 4.jpeg

The ability to get closeup with a macro lens plus a bit of cropping makes this little mini-daffodil look huge:

Sunny With a Touch of Rain.jpeg

What a difference a couple of days makes! This bud is getting even closer to becoming a flower:

Bud Beginning to Open.jpg

And now for something a little different:

Creams, Greens and Browns.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom