Critique Connie's (Clix Pix) 52 Week Project for 2021 ---- WEEK 52!!!!!!! This Project and Another Year Wrapped Up and Completed!

Real Name
Bill Walderman
Well, Week 9 seemed to be all about Tulips! I bought a lovely bunch of tulips at the grocery store and had fun with them all week shooting them in different ways:

First up was a solo shot of a tulip, a good way of trying out the new Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 110mm lens I just bought, too:

View attachment 1679978

Another day I experimented with shooting a duo, with a Midnight Blue Replica Surfaces photo board as the background:

View attachment 1679979

One day I got tired of the tulips and instead experimented with the blue vase and a leaf instead:

View attachment 1679980

Time for a different kind of solo shot and a different background:

View attachment 1679981

The blue vase and a couple of tulips make another appearance:

View attachment 1679982
I love #5.

Lovely tulıps in Week 9 Connie. My fav is #2 in the set. I also like the last image compositionally . IMO it would look better if the FG wasn't out of focus.

Thank you, Bill, Terri and Binnur! Yes, just as in B&W, the use of contrast (in this case, vivid blue and vivid yellow) in a color shot can be very effective. I love Number 2 for the way the colors really pop.

Bill, I think Number 5 is my favorite of this group, too, actually -- I had fun setting it up to get the effect I wanted and it's a little different than the usual flowers-in-a-vase scene.... However, yes, Binnur, you're right that the image would look better if the foreground were in proper focus. I should have adjusted the aperture settings properly, but kept trying different things and nothing was quite working as expected. The shot was trickier to shoot than I had anticipated.

I've been enjoying these tulips as I await the arrival of daffodils in front of my condominium building.... Spring is here!

Here we are at Week 10 already! A mixed bag this time, didn't shoot as much as usual and no one particular theme stands out this time....

While out walking around the boardwalk on one of our nice springlike days, ran into one of my little squirrel friends:

Hi There!.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Earlier in the week I had an opportunity to photograph a rose, part of a small bouquet someone gave me:

Rose.jpeg

Walking around the neighborhood a couple of days ago I spotted this:

CurlyQ.jpeg

Last, but certainly not least, I was delighted to see Alfred again!

Getting Ready to Take Flight.jpeg

Nice candid of the tree shark.

Was Alfred on his way to catch something, or just move to another spot?

Thanks, Gordon! I know a lot of people don't like squirrels -- tree rats -- but I think they're kind of cute! Actually we surprised each other, as I came up on him rather suddenly and we noticed each other at about the same time, so while I was hastily raising the camera to my eye he was already scrambling up the nearest tree, and then he took a peek to see if I were still there..... Wish I knew if this were one of the three squirrels who regularly visited my deck last summer!

I don't know how long Alfred had been standing on the railing before I spotted him, but a while after I'd taken a few shots and in between just stood there watching him, he gazed around for a bit and then apparently decided that it was time to move on. He flew across the lake and took a little stroll along the path on that side before then walking down the rocks/riprap near the water again and then taking off once more, when I lost track of him.

I like all shots in week 10 very much Connie. Great use of DOF.If you are able to clone the white triangle at the bottom of the last image it might look better as the triangle distracts a bit.

Thank you, Binnur! Yes, actually, I have since corrected that white triangle (top of a post) out -- the other day I belatedly realized that I should have done that during the editing process and for some reason didn't, and to make matters worse, didn't notice it until I'd already posted the image here and somewhere else.....Grrrr!!! Usually I'm a fiend about cloning-out things like this. And then after all that, I forgot to post the corrected image here.

Anyway, it looks MUCH better now!

Taking Off.jpeg

Week 11 ready for public consumption! This week's theme should be rather obvious...... (tip o' the hat to Eric and this week's CS, which got me on a roll!)

Filled With Sunshine.jpeg

Sinuous.jpeg

Through a Glass, Darkly.jpeg

Into the Depths.jpeg

Shadow Flower v2.5.jpeg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Connie - I've looked at all your images for the past few weeks and ohhhh my! They are stunning, especially the ones with the yellow tulips against the blue background - those are fabulous!! Well done!

Week 12 is here! Spring is here, too, so we celebrate with a few floral images and a couple of bird images..... It is so nice to be able to get out and walk around the neighborhood again, camera in hand!

The miniature daffodils were the first to bloom, and the weather cooperated so that I was able to get a shot of them:

Four Daffies Enjoying the Sunshine.jpeg

Along with daffodils, my favorite spring flowers are the delicate, exquisite tulip magnolias, and they're just coming into bloom now:

Tulip Magnolia Blossom Beginning to Open.jpeg

Another spring favorite is the Cherry Blossoms (I think that this is what these are -- feel free to correct me!) -- no need to go downtown to DC to the Tidal Basin; we have several trees right here in the neighborhood.

Cherry Blossoms Have Arrived.jpeg

One afternoon I looked out just in time to spot Alfred coming in for a landing on the roof of a townhouse across the lake, and quickly grabbed the camera while he made himself comfortable:

Weathervane?  Nope, It's Alfred!.jpeg

Pausing while shooting Alfred, I glanced down and I was startled to see a female Hooded Merganser in the water pretty close to the deck and was able to grab a shot of her as she hurriedly swam away:

Female Hoodie Closeup.jpeg

Week 12 is here! Spring is here, too, so we celebrate with a few floral images and a couple of bird images..... It is so nice to be able to get out and walk around the neighborhood again, camera in hand!

The miniature daffodils were the first to bloom, and the weather cooperated so that I was able to get a shot of them:

View attachment 1681158

Along with daffodils, my favorite spring flowers are the delicate, exquisite tulip magnolias, and they're just coming into bloom now:

View attachment 1681161

Another spring favorite is the Cherry Blossoms (I think that this is what these are -- feel free to correct me!) -- no need to go downtown to DC to the Tidal Basin; we have several trees right here in the neighborhood.

View attachment 1681162

One afternoon I looked out just in time to spot Alfred coming in for a landing on the roof of a townhouse across the lake, and quickly grabbed the camera while he made himself comfortable:

View attachment 1681163

Pausing while shooting Alfred, I glanced down and I was startled to see a female Hooded Merganser in the water pretty close to the deck and was able to grab a shot of her as she hurriedly swam away:

View attachment 1681164
A great set, Connie!!

Thank you, Terri! We've had wind and rain tonight and it is much colder than it has been so I am holding my breath that tomorrow the just-beginning-to-bloom Tulip Magnolias will still be there, still OK..... It rained all day today so I didn't get out to visit them. The cherry blossoms are also very delicate but the Tulip Magnolias are my favorites and I will be very disappointed if this year I'm not able to get a few good shots of them in full bloom. That has happened in the past, though, when we've had nasty weather that has taken them away before we even got to enjoy them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom