Critique Connie's (Clix Pix) 52 Week Project for 2021 ---- WEEK 52!!!!!!! This Project and Another Year Wrapped Up and Completed!

Thanks, Urbanflyer! Yeah, I was rather pleased with that shot -- I caught her at just the right angle and she was close, too, a real rarity. I liked the wave she was making, it definitely adds the right touch to this image. The Hooded Mergansers won't be around too much longer; they usually take off in April and migrate to some other location, and we don't see them again until October.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Daffodils always make me smile. I absolutely love them, and Connie, the rest of the images are fabulous. I especially love that duck in the water. It's almost as though he's posing for you!

Thanks, Lyndee! Yeah, I love daffodils, too! Their gorgeous bright yellow color and their interesting shape and their subtle scent.....delightful announcement that Spring is here!

The Hooded Mergansers in general are pretty elusive little critters.....they tend to skitter away when a human or animal is seemingly too close on the shore or on a nearby deck. They fascinate me because of the extreme differences in appearance between males (black-and-white with a large "hood" that they can raise and lower at will) and the females, reddish-brown with that spiky "hairdo"!

Alfred is my buddy and I am sure I'll be seeing him around a lot more now that the weather is nicer and as we move into warmer spring and then summer. He'll undoubtedly be making more appearances throughout this year's 52-week project! I'll miss the Hoodies when they've departed but I know they'll be back next fall.

Week 11 - some pretty cool abstracts Connie.

Week 12 - nice set, the Mergansers are always as blast to see.

Thank you, Binnur! I haven't seen the Hooded Mergansers now for a few days so I'm wondering if they have already departed for the spring and summer. I'll miss them! It's been so cold here the past couple of days -- winter's last hurrah, I guess -- that even the geese haven't been around. Happily the Cherry Blossoms, the Daffodils and the Tulip Magnolias have hung in there and we still have them to enjoy!

Happy Easter! It's time to unveil Week 13's images, and surprise, surprise, it's all about flowers this time. Cherry Blossoms and Tulip Magnolias bursting out all over this past week have been a true delight to the senses.

I was thrilled when the Tulip Magnolias arrived.....sad to say, unfortunately a couple of cold nights and days have since pretty much wrecked them so I am thankful that I got the shots I did:

Echoes.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the neighborhood we have several wonderful trees which bloom for such a short time each spring, and I love to spend time shooting the resulting delightful blossoms:

Beautiful Blossoms 2.jpeg

Experimenting with getting closer up:

Blooming into Spring.jpeg

Sprouting right from the tree trunk:

Sprouting from the Host Tree.jpeg

Tulip Magnolia almost fully open, but not quite yet:

Glowing 1.jpeg

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Stunning!

Hindsight being 20/20, that's what I should have shot this week. I have two magnolia bushes in my back yard, and completely ignored them. And your cherry blossoms are lovely. I do love spring time!

Well done, Connie!

Week 14 images -- yep, more flowers! Spring is bursting out all over around here! Already, though, the daffodils have said goodbye and the cherry blossoms as well, with a brief return of cold weather doing some damage to the magnolia blossoms as well. I did manage to get one shot of a pair of magnolia blossoms which survived without damage.

First up: more glorious cherry blossoms!

Blossoms Sharing Their Beauty 1.jpeg

The first tulip of the season made its sunny yellow appearance:

First Tulip of the Season.jpeg

Twin Magnolia blossoms:

Twins.jpeg

A red tulip emerging, almost ready to open:

Red Tulip About to Open.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, Terri! The magnolias, which are so delicate, sometimes come-and-go in the blink of an eye, depending on weather conditions, so I have learned to get out there and take photos of them as soon as I see them because the opportunity may soon be gone. This time they were out there for only three or four days before cold weather set in again for a brief reappearance and damaged most of them. One tree had not yet really bloomed and so that is where I was able to snag the photo of the undamaged "twins."

Daffodils gone, tulips appearing around the community and now azalea bushes newly budding so that I will probably have some azaleas to show off in Week 15, as they're almost ready to pop right under my master bedroom window. Isn't Springtime wonderful?!!

Thanks, Terri! The magnolias, which are so delicate, sometimes come-and-go in the blink of an eye, depending on weather conditions, so I have learned to get out there and take photos of them as soon as I see them because the opportunity may soon be gone. This time they were out there for only three or four days before cold weather set in again for a brief reappearance and damaged most of them. One tree had not yet really bloomed and so that is where I was able to snag the photo of the undamaged "twins."

Daffodils gone, tulips appearing around the community and now azalea bushes newly budding so that I will probably have some azaleas to show off in Week 15, as they're almost ready to pop right under my master bedroom window. Isn't Springtime wonderful?!!
Spring is wonderful if it ever comes. We are transitioning between winter and spring. Last week we had 4" of snow and lots of wind. But it quickly melted and now we are just chilly and windy. April is always iffy here.

Week 15 seemed to be all about azaleas......and they still haven't actually fully bloomed yet!

After a rainy morning and afternoon:

Budding Azalea 1.jpg

Another, sunnier day:

Azaleas Ready to Bloom.jpeg

On that rainy day, though, while I was shooting from the bedroom window to get that closeup of the azalea with the raindrops all over it, I was treated to a surprise as a neighbor stopped by to hang out with the azaleas:

Hanging Out With the Newly Budding Azaleas 1.jpg

"Well, hello there! Aren't you the lady who used to put birdseed out for us on your deck? Where's the food now?"

Seeing Eye to Eye..jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom