Critique Connie's (Clix Pix) 52 Week Project for 2021 ---- WEEK 52!!!!!!! This Project and Another Year Wrapped Up and Completed!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Oh wow - Connie - the colors, composition and detail in your images for the past two weeks are just wonderful! And I tell you, the flowers are just glorious this season!

Thanks, Gordon! We had a period during which it seemed as though it rained nearly every day, and then finally we are in a dry phase now..... The rain does benefit the blooming flowers, grass, trees, bushes, etc., but it is also annoying for those of us who want to go out and take photos or run errands, whatever.....

I'm definitely enjoying the arrival of the various Spring flowers., and the azaleas are about ready to finally open -- a few have just started -- and also I'm seeing buds on another flowering bush that's under my window as well.....probably by the time the azaleas finish it'll be ready to pop into bloom, too.

Thank you, Binnur! Yes, I am particularly fond of that image, too, as it is the only one out of the four that was actually shot outdoors, not through a window the way the others were. Obviously shooting through a window and a screen impairs clarity somewhat, and there's only so much one can do to try and adjust that in editing. Also I love the the way the other buds on the bush add a soft blur of wonderful color in the background.

This year has been moving right along, and here we are with Week 16 already. More fickle, up-and-down, wet-and-dry typical April weather has put somewhat of a damper on my outdoor activities, but occasionally I could get out there and celebrate the new floral arrivals.

The week started with lots of honking and flapping of wings one day as one of the geese was feeling mighty frisky:

Honking and Flapping.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I had thought the tulips were all finished for the season but was surprised to see this lone guy still hanging around:

Lonely Tulip.jpeg

A pretty little yellow flower caught my eye one day:

Yellow Flower With Prickly Leaves.jpeg

While I was out trying to shoot the dogwood blossoms, which unfortunately had already passed their peak, which is why none is on display here, one of my little Sparrow friends was higher up in the tree supervising the job:

Hanging Out With the Dogwood Blossoms.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, Lyndee and Binnur! So far this week things have been really quiet on the lake but I am watching for the (hopefully) eventual arrival of ducklings and goslings....if we're lucky we'll see them some time around the first week of May. In the meantime more flowers are bursting into bloom around the area, too, but I haven't gotten out across to the townhouse area to see what everybody's got planted over there. The winds that we've been having are blowing the tree pollen, grass pollen and flower pollen all over the place so my allergies have been triggered big-time. Thank goodness for Zyrtec, which gives me some relief!

Thanks, Terri! This afternoon I was out for a while and spent some time just looking at and admiring the azaleas in front of my bedroom windows and they are just gorgeous this year, much more plentiful and full of energy and life than in previous years. This spring has been really good for them! I'm hoping that this coming week's weather will be as nice as has been promised and also that the pollen count begins to decrease so that I'm not sneezing and blowing nearly constantly and can actually enjoy being outside and taking photos!

Thanks, Gordon! I was lucky in that while I was casually shooting geese this one started flapping and honking, and I had the camera set to Continuous High so ripped off several shots in succession....

Yesterday when I was out I noticed that lone tulip is still hanging in there, but definitely now showing the worse for wear, and not nearly as camera-ready as last week! Still haven't figured out where that one tulip came from, as there are no others around there, and normally they're planted in groups.

Week 17 is here! In spite of my allergies responding to what feels like this year's overload of pollen flying around, I've been enjoying the spring and the arrival of new blooms and blossoms.

A classic symbol of Spring:

Dandelion Puffery.jpeg

These guys are just about ready to pop open:

Ready to Burst into Bloom 1.jpeg

Nearby on the same bush, a pair of brilliant "twins":

Brilliant  Blossoms.jpeg

Another interesting flower -- don't know what it's called -- recently popped up in front of the building next door:

Blossoming.jpeg

And wrapping up with an outlier, not a flower at all! Shot this while I was doing images for last week's CS "Purple" theme:

Blues and Purples.jpeg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Hi Connie,
come on over - I got hundreds of the Dandelions in my so called lawn.
If you like, you can pick them up... ;) :) :D

Great pictures - I like these signs of spring
Klaus

LOL, Klaus! I think I'll pass...... Much as I like the puffy things, they do make me sneeze!!! This year has been an unusual bad one for me and other pollen-allergic sufferers!

In spite of that I do love the springtime, with everything springing to life and grass turning green, leaves popping out on trees, flowers blooming everywhere...... Love it!
1f927.png

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
LOL, Klaus! I think I'll pass...... Much as I like the puffy things, they do make me sneeze!!! This year has been an unusual bad one for me and other pollen-allergic sufferers!

In spite of that I do love the springtime, with everything springing to life and grass turning green, leaves popping out on trees, flowers blooming everywhere...... Love it! View attachment 1683136
Emma likes them... :D

Klaus

Latest threads

Top Bottom