Considering Sony A7

Thanks, Dave! I am excited about this camera primarily because of the longer focal length available now.....that was one thing I had been wishing for on my RX100 M3 and then the RX100 M5.....so here we are at last!! That 200mm will make a difference, I am sure!

How are you liking your A7 III? I am still thinking about that one and the lenses I’d want.....

Thanks, Dave! I am excited about this camera primarily because of the longer focal length available now.....that was one thing I had been wishing for on my RX100 M3 and then the RX100 M5.....so here we are at last!! That 200mm will make a difference, I am sure!

How are you liking your A7 III? I am still thinking about that one and the lenses I’d want.....
Yes Connie
I really like the A7 III.
I would have a difficult time adjusting to a lens that I cannot replace with another.

Well, as I said, I've had the RX100 M series before and knew what I am buying, and my intention in this case was not for an interchangeable lens camera, nor a fairly large one, but rather something that is small enough and compact enough to tuck into my purse or a bag and carry with me into a lot of situations where a larger camera would not be welcome. I've loved my RX100 M3 and RX100 M5 and am sure that I will love this new one even more. Unlike the run-of-the-mill P&S cameras the RX100 series has always offered the user a lot of control over the images, and that is important to me. For me, the RX100 M series serves as an additional, adjunct camera to my DSLR /interchangeable lens system.

The other day while I was poking around I ran across mention of the RX10 series, which is another whole scenario, being more of a "bridge" camera, another camera with a fixed lens, and it is quite a bit larger than the RX100. This camera is meant for those who don't want to bother with changing lenses but who want more telephoto reach than they can get from either a P&S or even a good compact such as the RX100. The latest version, the RX10 IV, actually has a rather astounding focal length range, a zoom that goes to 600mm! On the surface this sounds really great.....until one realizes that the sensor is the same as the one in the RX100 --- a mere 1 inch. That's fine for the RX100, a small camera with a modest reach and pretty good aperture, and it's larger than what is available on most P&S cameras, but I can't imagine handholding this significantly larger camera and shooting something at 600mm and bringing home any decent results. That said, I've never actually used one and have no plans to do so. Price tag on one of these isn't all that cheap, either.....I think it's around $1700. I wonder how well these have sold?

As for me, I'm still very much interested in the A7 III and am still looking at reviews and gathering info about the various lenses....

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom