Consolidation to an All (*mostly) Mirrorless Kit

Like you, Andy, I have also transitioned to mostly Z lenses. All of my short focal length lenses are now Z mount lenses and I only have F mount lenses in the longer focal lengths. They will go when the Z mount versions are released.

Real Name
Andy
I just used the new 70-200 and 1.4x for a few heats of the breaststroke at a meet today and the combo did really great!

Connor_50m_BR-4.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lilly_50m_BR-1.jpg

Lilly_50m_BR-2.jpg

Real Name
Mike
I sold off all of my autofocus primes and my 70-200mm f/2.8E. Going forward, my kit is all zooms in Z-mount except for the 500PF:

14-24mm f/2.8 S
24-70mm f/4 S
70-200mm f/2.8 S
TC-1.4x

It was a long road to get here, but for now, parting with the primes in favor of the the zoom trinity (of sorts) in native Z-mount covers all I truly need. My inner bokeh monster will have to take a back seat.
Very nice kit. Congrats on your journey to get there. I'll never be in your equipment league but appreciate those that can get there. I imagine you'll be making amazing art with it.

Real Name
Andy
Very nice kit. Congrats on your journey to get there. I'll never be in your equipment league but appreciate those that can get there. I imagine you'll be making amazing art with it.
Yes, it is a luxury to pay retail for the latest glass; fortunately, income from a handful of recent portrait clients has funded these upgrades. Still, buying gear is the easy part. Making great photographs remains the more interesting challenge.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom