Contacting Nikon in Melville??

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Czechman01, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Okay, I mailed my D2X to Melville for service and I want to get my Sevice Order Number and check the status of my repair. I called the 1-800-645-6687 number and could find no option for my inquiry.

Some have mentioned calling or e-mailing frequently to stay in touch, but that's hard to do without a number or e-mail address.

Can someone give me a direct phone number and/or an e-mail address where I can get my Service Order Number?

Thanks!

Woody

2. I'd check the thread started by Beezle. He's had continuing problems as well as another gent who's posted on Beezle's two threads. One of them mentioned a person named "Hedy" I think.

Rich

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Woody

Simply call the 800 service number for digital cameras and speak to a service representative and they'll give you the information.

4. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    1-800-NIKONUS, then 6, then 4. You will need your name and the serial number of the camera. However, be aware, it takes them several days to log it in and issue a service order number. I sent my F5 in beginning of June and after the 2nd day, called for the number. I ended up calling everyday until 1 week later, they had the service number and the estimate. Thom Hogan has a great read on his site about Nikon Service. The web update usually lags behind anywhere from 2 to 5 days. It said "in billing" the day I got my F5 back. (Too bad they broke something else in the process, now it's back again. They said it would be a priority repair, but we're coming up on 2 weeks already.....)

5. Thanks Baywing,

Thank you for actually responding with the information I was looking for. I didn't think the 1-800 number was correct because they just kept repeating the El Sugundo information.

Corporations are managed by morons... why do they give you information about something happening in California if you are dialing the number for New York? I could see it if there wasn't a direct line number to California... Ugh!

I decided to wait out the 1-800 number and after several minutes of hearing about the west coast move (twice) and other totally unrelated-to-service blather, sure enough right near the very end you are prompted to mash 4 and then wait another 5 minutes to speak to a human being.

As of today, it's not logged.

More later

6. Aha, I didn't know about the big move until this afternoon.

Right after I sent mine back in again. :roll: I guess I just sent it into some sort of black hole. :)

Ah well, maybe this time it will take forever for them to return it, but it will be fixed. So far, they have returned them very quickly.

This might also explain why they sent me a camera last week with some 70 shots having been fired, and obviously not working correctly.

7. You go Beezie... keep sending it back until they give you what you paid for.

8. Actually, next time I think I will go camp at their repair facility in El Segundo.

And I'll do Highway 1 on the way back and take some nice photos. ;)

I probably should be worried that I just sent over $8K worth of gear to their OLD address. But what good would that do.

I used Express Mail, so I would imagine the locals down there know they moved, etc.

Still, I have to wonder what I did to wreck my karma this much. :p