contest photo - which category?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by latazyo, Jul 8, 2008.

1. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    I am considering entering a photo into a contest, the city picked several sculptures around town and you must photograph one of them and enter the picture into one of three categories

here are the categories

1. Sculpture & Me (creative photograph of yourself, family and/or friends posing with the sculpture – Note: sculptures MUST not be touched or climbed on)
    2. Abstract Compositions (unique angles, close-ups, etc.)
    3. Digitally Manipulated (add your creative computer effects by use of Photoshop, etc. – technique must be clearly described on Participation Form)

I am wondering a few things
    1. which category would my photo fit into (obviously #1 is not an option)
    2. I am afraid that my photo, although decent, would not compete in the categories because a. it is not abstract enough, b. it is not digitally manipulated

the only work I did on this PP was to crop and make minor corrections, I didnt really "manipulate" it

I have a feeling that the #3 category is for heavy artistic photoshop manipulations

I am thinking about re-shooting the subject from the ground looking up to make the statue look huge, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any words for me now

btw: the image is from my photobucket w. super reduced quality and frame and sig, which would obviously all be removed prior to entry

thanks in advance

statues.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.