contest photo - which category?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by latazyo, Jul 8, 2008.

1. latazyo

latazyo

Apr 23, 2008
    STL
    I am considering entering a photo into a contest, the city picked several sculptures around town and you must photograph one of them and enter the picture into one of three categories

here are the categories

1. Sculpture & Me (creative photograph of yourself, family and/or friends posing with the sculpture – Note: sculptures MUST not be touched or climbed on)
    2. Abstract Compositions (unique angles, close-ups, etc.)
    3. Digitally Manipulated (add your creative computer effects by use of Photoshop, etc. – technique must be clearly described on Participation Form)

I am wondering a few things
    1. which category would my photo fit into (obviously #1 is not an option)
    2. I am afraid that my photo, although decent, would not compete in the categories because a. it is not abstract enough, b. it is not digitally manipulated

the only work I did on this PP was to crop and make minor corrections, I didnt really "manipulate" it

I have a feeling that the #3 category is for heavy artistic photoshop manipulations

I am thinking about re-shooting the subject from the ground looking up to make the statue look huge, but I just wanted to see if anyone had any words for me now

btw: the image is from my photobucket w. super reduced quality and frame and sig, which would obviously all be removed prior to entry

thanks in advance

statues.jpg