Controversial post

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by GaryW, Aug 17, 2005.

1. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Here is a picture of me and Cindy Sheehan yesterday in Crawford TX.

She is a very nice lady.

[​IMG]

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    It doesn't matter what a person's views are on this war or any war. Cindy Sheehan lost her son. That's what I see in this problem. I feel her pain and I sympathize with her. Good for you, Gary for going to her side.

3. I agree 100% with every word of Leigh's.

Thanks for posting, Gary.

Best wishes,

David

4. Great photo! I'll be attending a candlight vigil in support of Cindy Sheehan tonight (these are being held nationwide, organized by MoveOn.org.) Thanks for sharing your picture with her! Maybe I'll take my camera along this evening.

5. While I am definitely against this war, my perspective is a little different as I have spent a lot of time in Iraq since this war first began. I sympathize with anyone that has lost a child, as well as those who are against the war.

I was recently thinking about a trip out to Crawford, although mostly from a photo-journalist sense of curiousity. Gary I'm also in Houston. Did you find much else to shoot while there? And how long is the drive?

6. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Christian. There is always something to shoot. Mostly photojournalism. It just depends on how much you get into it.

It takes about 3 1/2 hours to get there from Houston. If you want to go there on a day trip (up and back the same day), we could go together. I will go back in a heartbeat, because I really think this is something huge, historically. I truly believe this movement is going to grow exponentially.

Tonight, there are vigils all over the U.S. in support of Cindy. There are about 20 separate vigils just here in Houston.

If you want to persue it, e-mail me at garywillson at swbell dot net.

7. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    So far the cafe has been politics free and I prefer it stay that way.

I too mourn the loss of her son. He volunteered and fought bravely not once, but twice CHOSE to go into battle. He was a hero as is Gary for his service to our country.

I do not wish for the cafe to be a sounding board for anyones' argument of right or wrong when it comes to world politics. We all have our views, our opinions, and our right to feel whatever we wish about our country. This board however, is best if it stays out of politics and enjoys photography.

Thank you everyone,

***moving to PJ as it is more suitable there***

8. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Sorry. I did not mean to cause trouble.