1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Converted Kids... Which do you like most...Let me know?

Discussion in 'People' started by Nacho, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Ok, maybe not that "converted," (that I know of), nor Uncle Ben's Rice type of converted, but three different versions for which I'd like to hear your preference. The second one is a bit more intense sepia than the third one. Which do you like most? :smile: I prefer the last one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EXIF: Nikon D300, ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/250, 70mm Daylight (Direct Sunlight) WB (processing done in PS CS3), Zoom Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8D

Taken in NYC. The kids were watching a street performer/juggler.

Thanks,

Nacho :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  2. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Version with Bag Cloned Out

Oh well, after staring at it for a bit, I had to try to get rid of that bag hanging from the stroller. So, here's a quick version with the bag cloned out:

[​IMG]

I prefer it without the bag!

Best,

Nacho

3. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    Lovely image! I prefer the second of the two conversions. However i think the colour image is the best of the three.

4. Nice photo. I prefer the color version the best.

5. works better without the bag!

6. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    2nd one for me

7. I do like it without the bag but for some reason I really like the color version the best.

8. Nacho

Nacho

Dec 29, 2007
    Salem, Oregon
    Thanks all! I prefer it without the bag, and I do like the last version, but I truly like the color also. So, will just have to make a few versions and enjoy them all.

Thanks for your thoughts about it. I thought perhaps there would be a strong preference for one. : )

Best Regards,

Nacho

9. great shot
    if you could get rid of THE WHOLE STROLLER (not just the bag) then, the color version would be better, to my eyes

otherwise, the b/w is nicer because it helps to isolate the 2 kids from the distracting background

10. a try from me
    color version
    extreme blur of all, but the kids... above the stairs
    then..... shadows and highlights at 35%
    then..... re-sharpened the kids
    then..... increased contrast by 12%
    and.... i came up with this
    hope you don't mind me posting it/i'll remove it if you would like

343404989_WGGDx-O.

11. Lately, I've come to prefer B&W to color. However, in this set, I really do love the color. In my own work, I often go to B&W when I find colors/backgrounds distract from the main subject. In this set, I find the B&W conversion emphasizes the plaid shorts of the woman in the background, and my eye keeps going there. WHile her blue is a strong color, in the color version, the kids really hold my eye. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.