Converted nightshot to B&W. Look OK?

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by JohnC, Jul 28, 2008.

1. I have someone who wants to buy one of my color nightshots, but in B&W.

I need to know if this is good enough for a full size print. I also want to know of any flaws you see and PP you think it needs.

If it's terrible, should I reshoot it with my D80 in B&W? Will it turn out better that way?

I feel it has lost some of its dynamic range being converted to B&W in Nikon Capture NX2.

Full size B&W: http://home.comcast.net/~nx330mustang/B_and_W_Schermerhorn.jpg

Here is a low rez color shot to compare by:

[​IMG]

Also, how much would you charge for one file for him to take to the print shop? He's wanting to buy it, have it printed, and hang it inside his home. :smile:

Thanks in advance!
    John

2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    John...where have you been buddy? Ok well I love the image in color...I guess because the angel is gold. But the B&W conversion is excellent. I wouldn't put this on disk for him if I were you. What size does he want...bigger than an 11x14? I would print it out for him mounted. Sell it that way. Couple of hundred doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

What lens did you use?

3. Thanks for the feedback, Seneca! I've been offline a bit lately, but I'm never gone for too long! :biggrin:

He said he wanted a "huge blown up" print of this one and another that I have. He wants both in B&W, too.

What is the max print size for a 10mp shot; 11x14 the limit? :confused:

Thanks again!
    :biggrin:

4. Oh, I used the Sigma 10-20mm for this one. :smile: