Converted Polaroid 95

The Polaroid 95 Speedliner is a roll film camera and film has not been made for 30 years. I have grafted the back from a packfilm camera onto this so I can shoot film still made by Fuji.

Cool retro look! Actually it is a 95B, I just put that face plate on
PFL_3787-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I used the back from a Polaroid 100 packfilm camera. Lots of cutting.
PFL_3785-XL.jpg

The Ideal rangefinder is added and not coupled but is still handy to use.
PFL_3786-XL.jpg

The Speedliners are cool but really awkward to use. It has a wire frame viewfinder for parallax correction that must be used in portraits. I shot some FP100C color film in it over the weekend and it was fun. After all these years, digital still cannot take the place of handing an instant photo to a complete stranger.
Pete

That's a wonderful project. I have an old Polaroid that was my Mom's put away and have been considering modifying it to handle sheet film. I guess it could be modified like your was to handle the Fuji film packs.

Art,
If your Mom's camera is a roll film like the Speedliner, you can shoot 4x5 film in it by loading in the dark. No mod necessary. If it is a Pathfinder, it is worth sending it to Nate at Polaroid conversions and he can convert it to a 4x5 back or a pack film back. Post pics of it and I can tell you a little about it.
Pete

Art,
If your Mom's camera is a roll film like the Speedliner, you can shoot 4x5 film in it by loading in the dark. No mod necessary. If it is a Pathfinder, it is worth sending it to Nate at Polaroid conversions and he can convert it to a 4x5 back or a pack film back. Post pics of it and I can tell you a little about it.
Pete

It's a Model 104. Looks to be in nearly perfect condition. It's been sealed in a nice leather case and has the hard cover and flash and all that stuff with it. I think it takes film packs but I don't know if any of the Fuji packs would fit it. Do you know how I could find out?

Art,
The 104 is a packfilm camera and will work with the Fuji packfilms. It takes a special 3 volt battery but you can easily convert it to AAA cells. There are two spring tabs in the back door that need to be bent down or removed so it does not interfere with the Fuji film And do not forget to clean the rollers with alcohol swabs. With a little bit of work, that camera will work just as it did for your Mom.

This site has a lot of information:
http://www.instantoptions.com/
Pete

So according to Amazon.com it takes the Fuji film packs FP100c and FP3000B and needs a special battery that they also have. So I'll order a pack of film and battery and give it a go.

Go for it and scan the pics. The Fuji film scans well. Don't forget to clean the rollers and push those springs back or you may have trouble pulling the film out.
Pete

Art,
The 104 is a packfilm camera and will work with the Fuji packfilms. It takes a special 3 volt battery but you can easily convert it to AAA cells. There are two spring tabs in the back door that need to be bent down or removed so it does not interfere with the Fuji film And do not forget to clean the rollers with alcohol swabs. With a little bit of work, that camera will work just as it did for your Mom.

This site has a lot of information:
http://www.instantoptions.com/
Pete

Nice site Pete. Thanks for the info. So now I've got to go to Amazon and order some stuff and play Polaroid Photographer for a bit. I must say the camera that I have is in pristine condition, so it should be fun.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom