Converting a Casio z120? (need advice)

I have a Casio Z120 which I haven't used in over a year, Its in great shape still, but I just don't need it, It takes decent IR images (with an R72), So instead of just giving the camera away or selling it for next to nothing, I was thinking of converting it (or trying anyway) To fulltime Infrared, I would prefer to replace the sensor plate with an IR filter, because I have no way of attaching my filter to the front of the camera. BUT not exactly sure how I would go about doing this (getting a sensor plate, Or i've heard some people use cut negatives (Overexposed or underexposed I forget)) Though i'm a bit doubtfull of the quality of that.

Any advice? The z120 doesn't seem to be a popular camera to convert so i've found no resources on it specifically...

Sample pic taken holding the R72 in front of the camera
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I did a custom conversion on my old Oly P&S. Since I did not have any optical glass laying around, I used a resin CC10M filter. Cut and filed it down to the size of the glass filter that it was replacing. Then I cut an 87C poly filter to size an placed over it. Not the greatest setup but it works. My camera does not allow custom WB so I use florescent, which produces a nearly perfect B&W. It took me a few hours to do the conversion.

A couple of example shots from it.

Top Bottom