Cooking lessons in Tuscany

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by HSNewman, Apr 27, 2007.

1. HSNewman

HSNewman

Aug 17, 2006
    Maryland
    Spent an absolutely delightful week taking cooking lessons in Villa Fiesole just outside Florence. I spent the morning cooking with Carlo and Francoise while The Admiral took Italian lessons from Guiliana. We shared a long lunch of what the chef and I prepared, and then we either walked into Fiesole or bussed into Florence for the late afternoon and evening. Our dinner was mostly gelato as we had no room for much more. Lemoncello made a wonderful nightcap. We spent the next week touring through Umbia and Tuscany using Perugia and then Lucca as our bases for day trips.
    Here are a few of my cooking pictures. I haven't gotten to the trip pictures yet as I just switched from 4.4.2 to NX and am not up on the learning curve yet. I hoping going to CS3 from CS2 won't take as long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Bellissima! We're planning a May trip next year to the North. Of course we'd like to try and set up a May Get-Together in Tuscany the same time.

Gelato...ahhhh! Italy's gift to mankind!

Rich

3. HSNewman

HSNewman

Aug 17, 2006
    Maryland
    For next year, we are talking about going to Cinque Terre and then up the coast to visit friends in France. We have also talked about visiting the Lake Country. It would be fun to combine this with a Cafe trip back to Tuscany. It probably doesn't matter what we do as any trip to Italy has to be good.:smile: