Cooking Lessons with...

Good stuff... I was gonna say you opened the bottle of wine way to late in the process, but then I saw the Corona sitting on the counter...:wink:

Ohhh, I love cooking with pictures! Reminds me of this site thepioneerwoman.com ...she cooks with pictures too - it's great!

omg this is one of the best meals i've had in a while, any fallowed Thedudes salmon recipe and i sauteed some mushrooms and onions cooked some rice and added grean beans to it and here it is!

white rice, butter, garlic & green beans

Sauteed mushrooms, onions and butter

this is the first time i've cooked salmon, but anyway do you guys think it would taste alot better if i use melted butter instead of the white wine?

But... But we need the step by step and recipe on how to make the "white rice, butter, garlic & green beans" & "Sauteed mushrooms, onions and butter" ... :biggrin: Good to see this old thread has been resurected :wink: And no, the salmon would not taste better in melted butter instead of white wine, another great way to prepare Salmon is to either poach it in Milk or put some olive oil on it and some spices and cook it 18 to 24 minutes uncovered in the oven at 400 = yummy

Excellent pictorial. I will try it out myself.

While you're at it, can you got to LA and take a picture of the Starbucks barista? :smile:

Well, if you guys wanna pitch in and cover my travelling expenses, I'll go to L.A. and get the good on the Barista as well as pictures of the whole trip, Barista included :wink::smile::biggrin:

Where are the french fries? No catsup? Actually a great looking meal.

:rolleyes:

No French Fries with that meal, I make French Fries with Steak Frites and then I use sweet potatoes to make my fries = yummy when dipped in Mayo :biggrin:

That's the meal I cook to my girlfriend when I want to be forgiven a big purchase... and it works! :smile:

Good stuff... I was gonna say you opened the bottle of wine way to late in the process, but then I saw the Corona sitting on the counter...:wink:

Yea, I had an atomic bloody Ceasar and a Corona, you have to read the instructions, it is all explained in there... I was pretty far gone by the time I got to the wine :rolleyes:

Ohhh, I love cooking with pictures! Reminds me of this site thepioneerwoman.com ...she cooks with pictures too - it's great!

I never saw that site but since this thread has been resurected, I'll post another recipe later today

...fries = yummy when dipped in Mayo :biggrin:

Ugh! First time I saw that done was in Brugges at a Fry stand. I thought "Oh my God....hes smothering it in mayonnaise! :eek: He's ruining them."

...now catsup! mmmmmmm..delicious.

:biggrin:

But... But we need the step by step and recipe on how to make the "white rice, butter, garlic & green beans" & "Sauteed mushrooms, onions and butter" ... :biggrin: Good to see this old thread has been resurected :wink: And no, the salmon would not taste better in melted butter instead of white wine, another great way to prepare Salmon is to either poach it in Milk or put some olive oil on it and some spices and cook it 18 to 24 minutes uncovered in the oven at 400 = yummy

alright alright! haha

White rice, butter, garlic & green beans

- 1 Cup of white rice(depending on how many servings you want)
- Half Clove of garlic
- tablespoon of butter
- as much green beans you want

-first melt the butter in the pan until bubbly then add the garlic in and cook until garlic is golden brown.

- next add the green beans stir it around for a few minutes( i got the frozen green beans so it took a little longer) then add your white rice( i got some jasmine rice from Trader Joes), keep it on medium to low heat or the rice will be over cooked and you'll have hard rice. Mix them all together and after a few minutes of frying it should be done

Sauteed Mushrooms and Onions

-butter
-portobello mushrooms
-onions
-white whine

melt the butter in a frying pan, again until it's bubbly! add the onions, I usually can't wait so I put it in between high and medium heat haha. Keep stirring until it starts to turn brown(then you'll know your getting) somewhere!)add your mushrooms and add a little bit of wine..or alot! but not enough to make it look like soup haha!. Put it on medium heat and keep on simmering, depending on how you like your sautee, I like mine golden brown to dark brown so I keep them simmering longer. When you are fully satisfied of how your mushrooms and onions look, take it off from the heat and let it sit there.

walla! i love sautee!

BTW i think BUTTER WOULD MAKE IT TASTE BETTER!

OK........ not so much a recipe, as a cooking technique. My highly refined Pizza On The Grill instructions. Click HERE for the details with photographs.

The idea is to make a "from scratch" pizza which will closely replicate those you can get in Italy, cooked on a wood fired oven.

WARNING: Once you try this, which is a minor PITA to make especially if you make your dough from scratch as I do, you'll never order pizza again.

Ugh! First time I saw that done was in Brugges at a Fry stand. I thought "Oh my God....hes smothering it in mayonnaise! :eek: He's ruining them."

...now catsup! mmmmmmm..delicious.

:biggrin:

...now mustard! mmmmmmmm...delicious! yes!

Cooking Lesson with The Dude

The best tomato sauce recipe ever... Those pictures and pictorial was created 4 years ago when I was still a bachelor, thanks to my great cooking, great looks and amazing sense of humor, often to my own detriment, I have been living with the same woman for 2 years. This post is fitting today as she left for two weeks in Paris this afternoon... If I would have had to cook today, this is what I would have made, alas (more like thank God!) She left me some left overs...:smile:

This recipe is a family secret so don't tell, okay... This recipe came from my best friend's wife who is incidentally Italian. It took me almost a year and a half of pleading and begging to get the recipe. It was worth the wait. I usually serve bruschetta as an appetizer with it, my brushetta recipe is at the bottom.

Now, here is what you'll need for the tomato sauce recipe:

2 750 ml can of diced tomatoes
1 170 ml jar of marinated artichoke hearts
3 cloves garlic
5 or 6 Hot Italian sausages (It's not a Kosher sauce but it's the best...)
A little olive oil
Italian Spice mix
Oregano
Basil

Once you try this tomato sauce, that's the only way you'll eat pasta going forward... :wink:

cooking.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cook the dices Italian Sausages in a large frying pan in a little bit
of olive oil, drain the fat then add the crushed garlic (A good garlic
press comes in handy...) Pour in the Diced tomatoes cans all of them.
Add Italian spices and Oregano + Basil to taste... Add the cut
marinated Artichoke hearts and let simmer for about 20/25 minutes...

Use penne pasta or any other you like but not spaghetti - this is a
very liquid sauce, serve with a nice wine and fresh bread (I serve it
with sliced French baguette for dipping) Not only that I serve in with
the pasta in a bowl covered with the sauce and the bowl sitting on a
plate...

Before you dice the sausages - take the 'casing' off of it. It's a
lot better that way. Yup that's rum and coke, it wouldn't be
cooking with Chef Patrick without a drink or two.

I like a drink when I cook and by the way I listen to Billie Holiday too while I am at it, good old Lady Day is great for cooking!

View attachment 77491

View attachment 77492

Yuk..! :eek::rolleyes:

View attachment 77493

Once the 'casing' has been taken off dice and put in a large frying
pan where olive oil has been poured first... At a 3 quarter heat
setting.

View attachment 77494

View attachment 77495

View attachment 77496

Get three cloves of garlic, big ones and crush and add to the
mix... Brown those babies...

View attachment 77497

View attachment 77498

View attachment 77499

View attachment 77500

Ooops the Rum and Coke is going down...

View attachment 77501

Drain all fat and excess oil then add the diced tomatoes.

View attachment 77502

Add the Italian spices and Oregano + Basil to taste, be generous!

View attachment 77503

Put back on the stove top...

View attachment 77504

Add a little bit of the Artichoke oil. Not all of it, a little will do
wonders to the flavor, Mmmmmm mmmMMMMm mmmm...

View attachment 77505

Dice the marinated artichoke hearts and add to the sauce...

View attachment 77506

View attachment 77507

View attachment 77508

Mix well and let simmer at one quarter heat for 20/25 minutes... Stirr
once in a while... Cover between stirrings... Start your chrono!

View attachment 77509

Pasta and wine time! (Kourtaki, 'Vin de Crete', a Greek wine, he he he, very nice red wine.)

View attachment 77510

Aaaaah the watch shot! That bracelet got hot! Ouch!

View attachment 77511

Time to eat... Yup all alone on that Saturday so I got to catch up on my reading... Magazine reading that is... (The secret is to sprinkle a
few pine nuts on top of the sauce... yummmmmy)

View attachment 77512

Now this is where, if I my girlfriend was to come over, I would put Barry White on the CD player and pour a little atomic Kahlua and Bailey's mix...

I can cook! Ha ha ha... Sheeesh I drank too much again that night.... Ho la la...

This bruschetta recipe goes well with the tomato sauce as an appetizer:

Bruschetta

2 tomatoes, medium sized
Cilantro (spice)
Freash garlic (One large clove)
Oregano
Basil
Parsley flakes
Olive Oil
Paprika

Cut up tomatoes into cubes, add spices and mix, add one tbsp of oil and mix well with tomatoes and spices. Add to hard toastes bread. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, sprinkle with paprika and put in a preheated oven 350 degrees until done...

I read this thread for the first time today and hope to post a recipe shortly. The cooking part is the easy part for me. Taking pictures while I cook will be interesting. I noticed the swim googles in the first post. I used to wear my swim mask to chop onions but now I use ONION GOGGLES.:smile:

2965156987_ffbc9c27c7.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 77514

Pasta Atomica
Sorry that I have no step-by-step pictures to accompany my recipe, basically a different twist on aglio e olio, a popular pasta dish in Rome. The original calls for spaghetti, garlic, red pepper (or red pepper flakes) and a good olive oil. I devised the recipe in the late 70s or early 80s and it has been a popular request from Italian friends visiting us in the Pacific Northwest and at their homes in Italy. My original creation called for spaghettini. Now, I prefer the consistency of linguine. I also add a dollop of butter to the sauce for additional smoothness. This will serve 10.
• 1 1/2 pounds of prawns (16 to 20 to the pound)
• 1 1/2 pounds of steamer clams
• 2-3 generous pinches red pepper flakes (more, if you like it really hot)
• 2-3 full heads of garlic
• 1 bunch flat-leafed Italian parsley, chopped
• 1 1/2 pounds of imported linguine (or spaghettini, spaghetti)
• Salt
• 1/4-1/8 pound salted butter
• roughly 1/2 pint extra virgin olive oil. The right amount of olive oil is what it takes to thoroughly coat each strand, but not to leave an oil pool at the bottom of the serving dish.
Step 1. Finely chop garlic. In a pan, add garlic and about half a pint of olive oil. On low flame, simmer until garlic just begins to change color. Above all, do not allow it to brown. At that moment, add pepper flakes and about half of the chopped parsley. Add dollop of butter, allow sauce to simmer about a minute longer, then remove from heat and set aside.
Step 2. In a large covered pot, steam clams for about three minutes after all clams have opened. Shuck and set aside meat, discarding any clams that do not open. Reserve the clam nectar.
Step 3. Shell prawns (no need to gut). Lightly sauté empty shells in remaining butter and olive oil, remove shells, and add prawns, dash of salt and a grinding of black pepper and then sauté only until all the prawns have turned reddish. Set prawns aside.
Step 4. Fill a large spaghetti pot two thirds of the way to the top with water (the rule is, at least a gallon of water per pound of pasta), add nectar. Bring water to a rapid boil, add 2 to 3 tablespoons salt, add pasta, stir and cook until al dente, usually 8 to 10 minutes. To check for doneness, start taste-testing strands after about 7 minutes.
Step 5. Drain (but do not rinse) pasta, plop it in bowl and add clams, prawns, garlic mixture (you may have to reheat at last moment), remaining parsley, then stir and serve. DO NOT SERVE WITH GRATED CHEESE.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom