Cooling Off - Last Image

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by greyflash, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Here is a young boy who is cooling off in the water fountain, temperature reached 108 this day. He and his sister had fun playing in the fountain and did not seem to notifice the heat. This shot is the last in a series of images I took in our new Water Walk Park in St. George, Utah. Image taken with my IR modified D100 and 18-70mm lens.

original.jpg

2. 3whiteroses

3whiteroses

May 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Very cool Shot! The boy really draws me in.

3. Thank you Angela, that is what caught my eye as well. IR does some interesting things to skin.

4. Wow, that is cool, like he's made out of alabaster.

5. Thanks Victor, it does kind of look like an alabaster statue but I assure you it is not.

6. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Very surrealistic Gordon, nicely done.

7. Thanks Paul, that is one of the things that attracted me to IR in the first place.

8. mdruiz

mdruiz

Feb 18, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    when I first saw the picture, i thought it was stone, then I read ..modded ir..duh.

Nice..

9. gordon
    whew....
    that is some image

the way the IR "documented" this scene... eerie and exciting

of course the 108 temp/cool water and the heat "shift" played a big role here

very well done, sir
    i like this one..... a lot

10. keirin

keirin

Dec 31, 2005
    That's fabulous. Great job.

11. I always find it interesting what IR does to skin. This was a fun shot to do.

Thanks Greg, I had a good time at our Water Walk Park and this particular image was one of the reasons why. Thanks for your coomments.

Thank you very much.