Cooper's Hawk

This hawk was on my back fence, and I got to snap a quick shot through the glass door before it abruptly took off.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks for looking!

nice! Great to have these kinds of visitors
Thanks Bohdan! A good surprise!
Wow! Lucky you! Nice capture!
Thank you, Tony!
Wow. You must have doors with the same glass as Bob (Bhodan) -- that is an impressively sharp picture.
Thank you, Nick! The head could be a little sharper; but then again if I could put down my camera or my computer for a minute, maybe I would have time to clean the glass!
See one in our yard on occasion but have never been fortunate enough to get a gem of a shot like yours.
Thanks Brian! They are so sensitive and just take off.

Dossy - Love the shot. We must have the same fence. In our backyard we've got a big bird feeder and two nut feeders. Several years ago we young Coopers hawk showed up for a feast but the birds didn't cooperate. The hawk was undeterred and stayed and stayed. When I opened the window and set my camera up, it was undeterred. Finally, it gave up and flew away but it sure was fun watching it as it spun its head around looking for prey.

Attachments

Excellent capture dossy 👌. Your glass door must be real clean 😁.
Thanks John!
super shot Dossy
Thank you Darrell!
Dossy - Love the shot. We must have the same fence. In our backyard we've got a big bird feeder and two nut feeders. Several years ago we young Coopers hawk showed up for a feast but the birds didn't cooperate. The hawk was undeterred and stayed and stayed. When I opened the window and set my camera up, it was undeterred. Finally, it gave up and flew away but it sure was fun watching it as it spun its head around looking for prey.
You are lucky, John! The ones we get are so skittish. The slightest move or sound and they're gone!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom