Cooper's in flight

Discussion in 'Birds' started by woundedmallard, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

Wasn't the best pic. Had it perched on a power pole about 100+ feet away with the 80-400VR, knew he was gonna pop off as they always do, and this was his leap shot.
    It's at least a 70% crop and had to combine 2 sharpening techniques (on the light side), but I hated to waste such a nice wing spread. It probably wouldn't translate into a good print beyond 5X7, if that much. But until next time.....can I keep it? :biggrin:

original.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shot

3. Thanks Gale, I appreciate you looking, as always. :wink:

4. Keep it!
    • It's much better than most of us will ever take.
    • It's a nice dramatic image which you can use to practise your Photoshop skills. I think a Sabattier type effect could look very good, if you like that sort of thing.
    • When you get a better one (as I'm sure you will) you can look back at this one and feel even prouder of the new one.

Alan

5. WOW that is a killer shot. Beautiful.

6. Thats a nice photo Tom Yeah 400MM at 100 feet is not what you want as they always look so small when downloaded. I bet if I took that photo with my 800 it would still be to small:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou

7. Thanks Alan, Jim, Lou and Mike.
    Sabbatier effect? Is that a thread I might have missed?

8. I'd say you got quite a lot of detail out of the shot but I would go retake the shot.:wink: LOL

It;s a keeper until you can get better!!! In nature you rarely get do overs.