Cooper's in flight

Discussion in 'Birds' started by woundedmallard, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Hey Everybirdy,

Wasn't the best pic. Had it perched on a power pole about 100+ feet away with the 80-400VR, knew he was gonna pop off as they always do, and this was his leap shot.
    It's at least a 70% crop and had to combine 2 sharpening techniques (on the light side), but I hated to waste such a nice wing spread. It probably wouldn't translate into a good print beyond 5X7, if that much. But until next time.....can I keep it? :biggrin:

original.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shot

3. Thanks Gale, I appreciate you looking, as always. :wink:

4. Keep it!
    • It's much better than most of us will ever take.
    • It's a nice dramatic image which you can use to practise your Photoshop skills. I think a Sabattier type effect could look very good, if you like that sort of thing.
    • When you get a better one (as I'm sure you will) you can look back at this one and feel even prouder of the new one.

Alan

5. WOW that is a killer shot. Beautiful.

6. Thats a nice photo Tom Yeah 400MM at 100 feet is not what you want as they always look so small when downloaded. I bet if I took that photo with my 800 it would still be to small:biggrin::biggrin:
    Lou

7. Thanks Alan, Jim, Lou and Mike.
    Sabbatier effect? Is that a thread I might have missed?

8. I'd say you got quite a lot of detail out of the shot but I would go retake the shot.:wink: LOL

It;s a keeper until you can get better!!! In nature you rarely get do overs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.