Coot Raft and Flyout

While walking around the 2.5 mile path at Orlando Wetlands, we saw at least two large rafts of Coots.

D-70 80-400 VR @400mm (Note one Morehen in the raft)
57670208-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As we got closer, they suddenly took flight. It was interesting to watch since they took-off row-by-row in waves. It was really noisy with all the flapping. These shots are taken about 2 seconds apart.
Nan took these and she was zooming and shooting at the same time. I'm probably not that coordinated:tongue:
@ 220mm
57670033-L.jpg

@360mm
57670253-L.jpg

@400mm
57670109-L.jpg

Bob & Nan

Bob, we saw the Otters set the Coots flying too. That was funny. The otters seem to relish the fact that they can make all those birds fly.

Reggie said:
Bob, we saw the Otters set the Coots flying too. That was funny. The otters seem to relish the fact that they can make all those birds fly.
Ron,
I guess we did not see any otters while we were walking. I just figured we spooked them, even though we were quite far away. You have got us looking at the shots to see if we can spot an otter in the photo, but I don't see one.

Bob & Nan

G

Gordon Large

Hi Bob - A saw the rafts a couple of times, but I never thought they would make good images. Wrong! And I never saw them take off in a group. Kudos to Nan for getting these images.
Gordon

Latest threads

Top Bottom