Copenhagen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe it should be. :wink:

How did you go about the b&w conversion?
Absolutely fantastic! 2 5 12 Excellent!

Samuel
Like 'em all. Nice shooting.
I'll comment here too!

Outstanding series!

Love that first one and the last one!

Great set Morten. I still like the last one the most!
Nice work Morten.
Thanks a lot all
Frank - I use Lightroom for BW work

Morten, I am known for using contrast in my b&w images but I found your excellent images too contrasty for my taste. They are your images and if you like them like that simply do not pay attention to my comments.
I like to go, when confronted with images like these, to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>SHADOWS-HIGHLIGHTS and I open the shadows. Then I back up contrast to taste till I am satisfied with my images. I do that with Photoshop CS4. I have no experience with Lightroom. I edit my b&w conversions with Topaz B&W Effects 2.
I particularly like No1 and 2. I saw a significant improvement when I edited your images as I have suggested.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Excellent series, Morten! As a kid my most favorite movie was Hans Christian Anderson, which features the song Wonderful Copenhagen. This series brings back that movie for me, and a real desire to visit this city!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Morten, I am known for using contrast in my b&w images but I found your excellent images too contrasty for my taste. They are your images and if you like them like that simply do not pay attention to my comments.
I like to go, when confronted with images like these, to IMAGE>ADJUSTMENTS>SHADOWS-HIGHLIGHTS and I open the shadows. Then I back up contrast to taste till I am satisfied with my images. I do that with Photoshop CS4. I have no experience with Lightroom. I edit my b&w conversions with Topaz B&W Effects 2.
I particularly like No1 and 2. I saw a significant improvement when I edited your images as I have suggested.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.
Thanks for taking time to go into details. I tried your suggestions and can see what you mean - but I'm not sure what I prefer though.

Excellent series, Morten! As a kid my most favorite movie was Hans Christian Anderson, which features the song Wonderful Copenhagen. This series brings back that movie for me, and a real desire to visit this city!
Thanks Dossy - it surely is an interesting city :)
I've grown up with HC Andersen stories :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom