Cops play football to

Real Name
Randy
These are from the NPSFL (National Public Safety Football League) game in Charlotte this past weekend. These guys (cops and fireman) play for charities and risk their careers and pensions. Most big US cities have a team. I donate my time to help them out and it's alot of fun. We have a few ex NFL players on our undefeated team this year.

D4 + 400vr at 1pm.
Most of these were shot at f/3.2 CW meter and +.3 EV and TG for LR4's shadows slider

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These guys (cops and fireman) play for charities and risk their careers and pensions.
Great shots, Randy - but this surprises me. For our police, at least, we pay for all their out-of-pocket medical/dental/optical expenses, regardless of how or where it happened (even if was their fault) - so nothing costs them a cent. Their pension (superannuation here) is also never at risk. In fact, they can take it early if they need to.

Real Name
Randy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Great shots, Randy - but this surprises me. For our police, at least, we pay for all their out-of-pocket medical/dental/optical expenses, regardless of how or where it happened (even if was their fault) - so nothing costs them a cent. Their pension (superannuation here) is also never at risk. In fact, they can take it early if they need to.
thanks John,

I'm sure their medical expenses would be paid it they got hurt during a game but if they were permanently disabled or god forbid killed during a game it would not be the same as if they were on duty as a policeman....at least that's what a fireman at last weeks game told me

I'm glad to hear that they'd be looked after, Randy. Our guys receive the same, regardless of the outcome, though - which is how I think it should be.

Real Name
Randy
I'm glad to hear that they'd be looked after, Randy. Our guys receive the same, regardless of the outcome, though - which is how I think it should be.
boy do i agree and their salaries should be doubled immediately.....these guys save our butts every day......I've been to OZ many times and you have no idea the difference.....OZ is at least 30yrs behind us in violent crime, it reminds me of the US in the 60's (at least it did when I was last there in 1999)

boy do i agree and their salaries should be doubled immediately.....these guys save our butts every day......I've been to OZ many times and you have no idea the difference.....OZ is at least 30yrs behind us in violent crime, it reminds me of the US in the 60's (at least it did when I was last there in 1999)
It's still a lot better, but we're catching up, unfortunately.

Real Name
Randy
It's still a lot better, but we're catching up, unfortunately.
i have such fond memories of Adelaide, the green parks everywhere and the wonderful pub I visited every day after work and all the friendly people there.....I'm 61 and this was like going back to my high school days. It will never be like that again here.:frown:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom