Corals

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by RKnecht, Mar 25, 2007.

1. I added some new corals to one of my reef tanks (another cheap hobby) and took a few pictures of them. Not really flowers or greenery, but I did use my 105mm macro lens. C&C is welcomed.

138493962-L.

[​IMG]

138494076-L.

[​IMG]

2. cybertec

cybertec Guest

they look fantastic, lovely zoos, and a nice Frogspawn to boot, hammer is also great, I also run a 120Gal reef tank, pics comming soon, I am sure you seen my Hermit Crab picture.

3. cybertec

cybertec Guest

here are some of my corals, mostly Clams, the last clam on the roll of pictures was eaten by the Hermit "the red Devil", it was a beautiful clam, since the attack the Hermit has been banished to my sump. http://cybertec.smugmug.com/gallery/2595178

4. I used to have a couple of clams in one of my tanks. I sold them when I bought my regal angel. Nice shots.

5. Very nice Rich, that is a whole different world which I don't get to see often.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow nice
    Reef tanks are so beautiful
    Cheep hobby...lololol yeah right

7. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Those are some beautiful Zoanthids you've got there. Very nice. Very nice Frogspawn too...the coloring is just amazing. Have to admit though, I've always been partial to the branching Hammers.

What size is the tank? I've been in the reef world for about 3 years now...started with a 55, 75, and 30xh but consolidated the 55 and 75 into a 100 for the downstairs and kept the 30g upstairs in the dining room.

Got a full tank shot? Here's one of my 100g (about 4 months old) that I've posted here before. Sadly, the three Purple Anthias that you see here have passed on.

100gfulltankshot.

8. cybertec

cybertec Guest

you have 2 much stuff in your tank for a 4 month old system, no wonder some of them passed, always add slowly "hard to do", but that's the rules of reefing, let the beneficial bacteria grow to your system load, it takes time,nice shot, and happy reefing.

9. cybertec

cybertec Guest

yea Angels are known to pick on corals, I am not sure it was a good idea to add the Regal Angel, yes they are beautiful, but are not reef safe, my blue throat triger is safer than that Regal Angel.