Cord Camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pa, Dec 21, 2005.

1. Anybody ever dealt with this outfit? Are they legit?

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I haven't heard of them, did a Google and found no negative, only good comments about them.

3. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Yes...

I bought a SB-800 flash from them about a year ago. The were quick on the delivery with a fair price. Seem like an honest group to do business with. Apparently, they own a chain of brick and mortar stores in and around the Columbus, Ohio area. NikonCafe members from Ohio may be able to give you a second opinion on them.

4. I bought a Lowepro bag from them a few months ago (through eBay.) They acknowledged my order within a few hours and shipped it the next day...I think it arrived 2 days later. Their price was right and shipping was reasonable. I was very pleased with my transaction with them.

5. They are showing the 18-200VR on their EBay store, but not at their real store website; makes me a little suspicious as to whether they really have it.

6. moffo

moffo

Oct 20, 2005
    Central TX
    I bought some stuff from 'em when I was in college back in Columbus in about 1971, so they *have* been around awhile...

7. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

If they have them they can make probably more money on eBay than selling at a "discount" in the store or on their website.

8. Hi Pa,

I purchased both my D-70 and D-100 from their bricks and mortar store in Columbus. They must have 15 or so retail locations in the area, certainly the biggest dealer in town. The Fifth Avenue store is the main store 614-299-1441 where they do trade-ins and teach most of their camera classes. If you have a question you might want to call that number and ask for the Nikon Camera Counter.
    I have not dealt with their webstore.
    Bob

9. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Pa,
    Cord is a well respected outfit.
    I just wanted to re-enforce Bob's suggestion to call the "home base" store in Columbus. Their outlet stores in central Ohio and Indiana tend to carry only limited stock, with reliance on rapid delivery service from the Columbus location. Just about anything special will have to be shipped from Columbus.

10. DeanTomasula

DeanTomasula Guest

I bought my D70 and D2X from them. They have great customer service, offer quick shipping and have some of the best prices out there.

11. PA I purchased my D2X from them in June or July can't remember now. It was a great purchase and they were very helpful. Sent camera out day I placed the order. I give them an AAA rating.

12. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I called them last night and left a message to verify that they had them in stock. They called me this morning at 5:45 AM (PST) and took my order - the 18-200VR will be here in a few days (standard shipping).....

13. Very good people.
    I got my 17-55 from them at a great price and recently picked up another SB-800. Both transactions via eBay.

14. I called the actual store as recommended above and got put on hold for an indeterminately long time while they checked on shipping options. I gave up and just ordered online from their EBay store, springing for next-day shipping.

Here's hoping.

15. Phil Howell

Phil Howell Guest

I ordered a 18-200VR from them yesterday for Monday (26 DEC) arrival. I saw that they had them on e-bay, but didn't show them on their website. I called and confirmed that they DID actually have them and ordered right away.

My D200 from Robert's arrived yesterday.

:biggrin:

16. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

I'm sure that will work! Glad you got one in time. They called me this morning (woke me up at 5:45AM PST) because last night I left them a message, trying to confirm they had some!

I also got an email this morning from Brad at Berger Brothers, that they have them too.

17. I have spent a good amount of money in Cord Camera's Bloomington, IN store. They have done some things for me above and beyond their responsibility. I won't go into detail but they have treated me right and expect they will do the same for you.

Merry Christmas

18. I was told that UPS would make no deliveries on the 26th. That is why I opted for overnight.

This is confirmed at their website.

19. Cord camera was as good as their word. Lens arrived just as promised at 2:15pm EST - 27.5 hours after I placed the order!

Three shots later and I am already very impressed with this lens.:biggrin:

20. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

Great! Can hardly wait for mine.....by then I'll know how to mount it on the D200....:cool: