Cormorant shots

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Keith, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Havent been around much the past 3 weeks, feel like :Sick: Not sure what's going on but the thought of doing anything is beyond me, still working through it. First nice day in a along time so forced myself out or more like the wife did. LOL. harsh light but was rewarded as I have tried numerous times to get shots of these guys. All shot at 700mm @ f5.6 iso 200 . ONly bad news is these are more cropped then what I would have liked, but happy to take what a guy can get. Thanks for looking

original.

View attachment 15635

View attachment 15636

boring seagul but dang was out for hourssssssss and nothing was flying

View attachment 15637

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Keith,

You won't believe this, but I was just about to hit the post button on a thread of exactly the same name and subject. Yours are much closer, more detailed, and well saturated. Mine are from a greater distance, and are flight shots, so I hope you don't mind if I go ahead and post them. If so, I'll hold off.

Very nice shots BTW. :smile:

3. Keith these are magnificiant. I am sorry you have not been feeling good but your pictures should lift your spirits. Nice job.

4. Frank dont be silly, post away, look forward to seeing them :^ ) Hey you deserved to after you day, urghhhhhhhhhhh.

these are about 60% crops so I know the feeling, the x handles them quite nicely, but expensive option. LOL!!!

5. Really like the color and detail in image #2. Very nice.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Thanks Keith. Sorry to hear that you are in a doldrums. I've kinda' been in one too lately. That's why losing the H is going to hurt so bad. It's the one thing that I could do that seemed to provide a little relief. :rolleyes:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great shots Keith,

You and Frank had great shooting day.

Soooo sorry you have been under the weather..
    Take good care and hope out shooting helped a bit.

Have missed you.

8. Keith,

Those are excellent. You are using 200-400 now, right ?

I tested 400 2.8 over the weekend. It was HEAVEN ! Will report back with pictures.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

WTG Keith !!
    very nice and crisp, sharp, color got it all

I see from the new posts you guys had a good weekend

10. Thanks for the kind words Jim, nice to see all the new stuff posted, looks like everyone has been having fun :smile:

11. What no comments on my nice seagul. LOL!!!! Thanks Gordon, always appreciate the kind words and what caught your eye!

12. Missed you too Gale, thanks for the kind words!!!

13. Thanks Jay, no these were with the 500mm at 700mm w/ 1.4x tc..........
    Best part was no tripod, so it is do-able!! not practible, but do-able LOL

14. Thanks Ben!!! Hope you had a great weekend!