Cormorants are awkward looking waterfowl

But can look pretty when sunning themselves.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree with "awkward". Lol!

The first one looks guilty, as if you caught him doing something.
LOL..he does look guilty...probably from depopulating the fish in the river.
Interesting birds.
Well done.
Thanks Bob. Interesting but reproductively prolific and destructive to the fishing industry and trees

LOL..he does look guilty...probably from depopulating the fish in the river.

Thanks Bob. Interesting but reproductively prolific and destructive to the fishing industry and trees
We don't have a lot cormorant in our region.
Only one picture I have.

We have a couple of cormorants in our little lake here....I've had fun photographing one of them, a juvie or early immature, in particular several times this summer and he's included in several weeks of my 52-weeks project thread.... Unfortunately the partly submerged log on which he and some of the other water birds as well as the turtles here liked to hang out was shifted around during recent storms with high winds and now apparently its new location doesn't suit him. I've seen him swim close to it but not attempt to get on it. The turtles love it, though!

A few weeks ago when the log was in its former position, I was lucky enough to capture the two cormorants sharing the space: somewhat older, larger one and the younger immature:

We have a couple of cormorants in our little lake here....I've had fun photographing one of them, a juvie or early immature, in particular several times this summer and he's included in several weeks of my 52-weeks project thread.... Unfortunately the partly submerged log on which he and some of the other water birds as well as the turtles here liked to hang out was shifted around during recent storms with high winds and now apparently its new location doesn't suit him. I've seen him swim close to it but not attempt to get on it. The turtles love it, though!

A few weeks ago when the log was in its former position, I was lucky enough to capture the two cormorants sharing the space: somewhat older, larger one and the younger immature:

View attachment 1669720
Nicely done

Assuming you meant me and my image posted in this thread, both of "my" cormorants actually do have blue eyes, but probably the angle from which I was shooting them as well as the lighting that day makes their eyes look darker. Earlier in the summer we had a visit from a fully adult black cormorant, and his beautiful blue eyes were very striking against his black coloring. For that reason I promptly nicknamed him "Frank"..... :)

Assuming you meant me and my image posted in this thread, both of "my" cormorants actually do have blue eyes, but probably the angle from which I was shooting them as well as the lighting that day makes their eyes look darker. Earlier in the summer we had a visit from a fully adult black cormorant, and his beautiful blue eyes were very striking against his black coloring. For that reason I promptly nicknamed him "Frank"..... :)
oops once again Connie...I do believe I have called you Dossy once or twice before...Always have been bad with names.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom