corrupt database

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by mike raboy, Jun 17, 2007.

1. I dont know if this is the right place for this. When I import pictures from my scan disk into lightroom and then go to photoshop Cs2 for editing, there is no problem with the photo showing back in lightroom. Once, I use bridge, I get a message saying that the database is not working correctly and there might be a problem. After editing, I get a message saying the file is already open and cannot be saved. My hunch is that ther is something wrong with Bridge. I am using windows xp, CS2, Bridge updated, and lightroom. This all started after I downloaded CS3 beta,which I since removed . It doesn't appear to have anything to do with lightroom, but I sure would like to use it with photoshop. Ther apparently was a problem in Bridge 1.0. I have updated my version. Next thing to try is re install photoshop CS2 and its updates.

Can you help me with this problem?
  2. That may be a helpful summary of a bug Mike. How big a file is your database? One of the engineers is working on corrupt databases and may be interested, so please let me know.
  3. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Turn light room off
  4. Geoff,
    Thanks for the reply. My database is 13 GB.

5. Is that the "Lightroom Database.lrdb" file or the "Lightroom Previews.lrdata" file?
    For a database file alone that seems rather large.
  6. I gave you "My pictures" database. I will get back to you on the lightroom database.

7. Previews file is 303 mb.

8. I can't find a lightroom. dbdata file. I have a metadata file thats about 13kb

9. Mike, I guess you are on windows, I use mac.
    You could search for it in explorer I guess, on the mac they are both in the same folder. Alternatively look for the last back up which ought to be in a "backup" folder.
    If you can find the database, I can help.
    Good hunting!!!
  10. Geoff,
    I found four files in my windows search
    1.Lightroom Database.lrdb 1997 kb
    2.2007-06-0808.lrdb 8kb
    3.lightoom database.lrdb 71kb
    4. 2007-04 -1130 lightroom database 8 kb

I made a second database in hopes that that would work. Both had problems.

I called it lightroom2

11. Mike, can you email me #1 please to:
    [email protected]
    I will forward to an Adobe engineer.
  12. Lowolf

Jan 26, 2006
    reset bridge when launching bridge hold down Ctrl Alt Shift then when reset bridge window opens check all 3 boxes then click ok
    or you could just delete the cache files bridge creates