Corvette American Flag

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Jim Strathearn, Aug 27, 2008.

1. I didn't take this pic and the resolution is horrible, but my car is in there! :biggrin: Second red row up from the bottom, first car on the left. (You can see the chrome luggage rack...) Took 117 cars to make this work.

359990586_kngij-L.jpg

2. Very Clever. Never did get to Carlisle always did the Pomona west coast thing....Thanks for sharing..............

Cheers

Ted:smile:

3. That's pretty clever. I think they should do it all on grass next time to eliminate the asphalt/pavement. Still pretty neat though.

4. That looks pretty cool ...... it's great your car was one of them.

Best,

5. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Cooollllllll........

6. pirahnah3

pirahnah3

Feb 22, 2008
    wuss-tah
    very nice!!

i have wanted to get down to carlisle for the all vete show, im a chrysler man myself but they are beautiful cars.

7. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    pretty cool pic

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thanks for posting, Jim. VERY cool!!!

9. Thanks All!

This was probably the only area they could have done this at on the grounds. It is the autrocross track, which is why there is a mix of grass and road surface. They were originally going to do it where they line up the Saturday parade cars but it wasn't big enough and there was no way to see it... (Except by helicopter.) This way, we could see it from the autrocross observation deck. Here is a short news story on this (which was filmed from the observation deck):

http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/0808/546830_video.html?ref=newsstory

I'll have to post some of my pics of it...

Thanks for all the nice comments. It was a cool thing to be a part of!

10. Nice haha.