Corvettes on the Lawn

Went to the Larz Anderson Museum for the Corvette Day lawn event. Here are a few of the cars:

1963 Sting Ray
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z06

Last edited by a moderator:
Some how they are direct linked incorrectly and can't see a one of them

Would love to see them

Some how they are direct linked incorrectly and can't see a one of them

Would love to see them
I guess I'll have to see what the problem is...

OK, I think I might have it straightened out. They show up for me after a cache clear. Can you see them now?

Thanks for the heads up Gale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dave -

Nice work here - and beautiful 'Vettes too.

Car shows can be challenging to shoot (as I know from several less-than-satisfactory attempts - LOL!).

Looks like you had a somewhat overcast day - which should help - and you captured their essences well.

Thanks,

Eric

Hey Dave -

Nice work here - and beautiful 'Vettes too.

Car shows can be challenging to shoot (as I know from several less-than-satisfactory attempts - LOL!).

Looks like you had a somewhat overcast day - which should help - and you captured their essences well.

Thanks,

Eric
Thanks Eric. It was a little cloudy, but there was quite a bit of sun. I tried to keep the sun behind me and used some -EV.
Car shows can be a nightmare to shoot. The people walking into the frame are the worst. I've found that people at the Muscle Car shows are the most considerate, they'll wait for you to get the shot before walking up to the cars and a lot of times will back away if they see me waiting. If they have the cars packed in tight you have other problems. Glad you liked the shots, thanks for commenting.

Dave,

Some nice shots ........ being a Corvette owner, I appreciate the post. I also find it difficult to shoot cars at car shows ........ they're parked so close together .... and as you mentioned, people are not always considerate when you're trying to photograph the cars ....... nice job.

Dave,

Some nice shots ........ being a Corvette owner, I appreciate the post. I also find it difficult to shoot cars at car shows ........ they're parked so close together .... and as you mentioned, people are not always considerate when you're trying to photograph the cars ....... nice job.
Thanks Bob.
I still have a good time at the shows, regardless of the shooting issues.

Beautiful!!!!!!!!! I *love* Corvettes, they are my favorite car!!! :biggrin:

Where in MA was this held? Is it an annual event? I'd love to attend next year! :smile:

Beautiful!!!!!!!!! I *love* Corvettes, they are my favorite car!!! :biggrin:

Where in MA was this held? Is it an annual event? I'd love to attend next year! :smile:
Thanks Gretchen. This was at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline. The Corvette Day is once a year but the museum has lawn events pretty much every weekend from May til October. Next weekend is German Car Day. There is also an American Muscle Day, PorscheFest, Tutto Italiano, etc, etc. Check out the website: www.mot.org. You have to put the cursor on the car to get a menu, then go to events and then lawn events, there is a complete schedule there. I have posts from last years events on the Cafe, just look for threads I started if you want an idea of what the events are like.
Thanks for looking and commenting.
And if you are really bored, you can see (almost) all the shots I took of the Vettes here: http://dsp.smugmug.com/gallery/2981407

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom