Corvettes on the Lawn

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by dsp921, Jun 10, 2007.

1. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Went to the Larz Anderson Museum for the Corvette Day lawn event. Here are a few of the cars:

1963 Sting Ray
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Z06
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Some how they are direct linked incorrectly and can't see a one of them

Would love to see them

3. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    I guess I'll have to see what the problem is...

OK, I think I might have it straightened out. They show up for me after a cache clear. Can you see them now?

Thanks for the heads up Gale.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  4. Can see........................lot's of elbow grease there! Beautiful pictures, beautiful automobiles.

5. 1FASTZ

1FASTZ

Jan 25, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Awesome shots and awesome rides.....I keep dreaming about a new Z06

6. Nice shots! I want the black one.

Anthony

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    yep see them now:>))
    Great cars

8. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Thanks to all for looking and commenting, I appreciate you taking the time.

9. Hey Dave -

Nice work here - and beautiful 'Vettes too.

Car shows can be challenging to shoot (as I know from several less-than-satisfactory attempts - LOL!).

Looks like you had a somewhat overcast day - which should help - and you captured their essences well.

Thanks,

Eric

10. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Thanks Eric. It was a little cloudy, but there was quite a bit of sun. I tried to keep the sun behind me and used some -EV.
    Car shows can be a nightmare to shoot. The people walking into the frame are the worst. I've found that people at the Muscle Car shows are the most considerate, they'll wait for you to get the shot before walking up to the cars and a lot of times will back away if they see me waiting. If they have the cars packed in tight you have other problems. Glad you liked the shots, thanks for commenting.

11. Dave,

Some nice shots ........ being a Corvette owner, I appreciate the post. I also find it difficult to shoot cars at car shows ........ they're parked so close together .... and as you mentioned, people are not always considerate when you're trying to photograph the cars ....... nice job.

12. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Thanks Bob.
    I still have a good time at the shows, regardless of the shooting issues.

13. Beautiful!!!!!!!!! I *love* Corvettes, they are my favorite car!!! :biggrin:

Where in MA was this held? Is it an annual event? I'd love to attend next year! :smile:

14. very well done.

15. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Thanks Gretchen. This was at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline. The Corvette Day is once a year but the museum has lawn events pretty much every weekend from May til October. Next weekend is German Car Day. There is also an American Muscle Day, PorscheFest, Tutto Italiano, etc, etc. Check out the website: www.mot.org. You have to put the cursor on the car to get a menu, then go to events and then lawn events, there is a complete schedule there. I have posts from last years events on the Cafe, just look for threads I started if you want an idea of what the events are like.
    Thanks for looking and commenting.
    And if you are really bored, you can see (almost) all the shots I took of the Vettes here: http://dsp.smugmug.com/gallery/2981407

16. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    Thank you, I appreciate the positive feedback. Any feedback is good, but the positive stuff is better :smile: