1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Costa Rica's birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Randy, Jun 11, 2018.

1. 14 days in the jungles of Costa Rica. This was like no other tour I've been on. We had some perches to shoot but most of this trip happened under the canopy in the jungle. After the 1st few minutes we were soaked with sweat and we had to keep wiping our foreheads to see (and our glasses that kept fogging up). Lots of mosquitos and other bugs everywhere.
    The D5 was made for this place. Even in the rain it never disappointed me.
    This was the trip of a lifetime, big time adventures every day. I've already booked 2019.

p2916128359-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p2916128357-6.jpg

p2909698695-6.jpg

p2916129106-5.jpg

p2915243478-5.jpg

p2909694391-6.jpg

p2915425670-6.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. As usual, outstanding shots, Randy!(y)

3. Well Randy not only did the gear perform but so did you. These are fantastic.

4. I like this variety of birds I have never seen. Good job!

5. Wow, Randy, That D5 really works for you. Great shots all!!!!

Cheers,
    alexis and Georgie Beagle

" meh... the shots look like they came from the pages of National Geographic... ok, seriously, Nat Geo would be lucky to publish these." - Georgie Beagle

6. Blood, sweat and tears all to get fabulous shots and have a great time? You must be crazy, in a very good way (y)(y)(y)

7. All beautiful Randy. I've never seen most of these birds. Really cool.(y)

8. Outstanding series Randy, and these are all new to me.

9. Excellent all around. Love the variety of birds and the quality of the images are outstanding. Even in those conditions you made the D5 perform

10. What a treat, just spectacular Randy, wow and wow.

11. Wow. Sounds and looks like it was an awesome trip. You definitely came away with some excellent images. Did you travel out every day from the same place or change accomodations during the tour?

12. Thanks Dan, 2 nights in each place, 6 places. They got better as we went, ending with Hotel Savegre, an amazing place combining location, food and shooting. Home of the resplendent Quetzal

13. Thanks darrell
    thanks Bob
    thanks Louie.
    thanks Rick
    Thanks Nick
    thanks Alexis, it’s a lot better than my D4
    thanks Allan
    Thanks Jim
    thanks Don

14. Incredible set! Great variety, compositions and technically excellent. #4 is my favorite.

15. Stellar work Randy. #4 and #7 look positively 3-D.

16. gwh1bass

gwh1bass

Sep 14, 2008
    Lansing MI
    Outstanding series, so is the D5 the best camera yet you have shot with?

17. Great series of exotic birds! Is May the best time to go to Costa Rica!

18. Beautiful shots of some wonderful birds. I have been to Costa Rica several times and seen lots of beautiful birds but have never seen a few of these birds. Thanks for posting.

19. Looks like a fantastic trip, send me the details who knows I might win the lottery :) 

20. Excellent captures Randy(y), looks like a fantastic trip, minus the mosquitoes:D , the first bird looks like the fruit loops bird.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.