Cottage on the Hill

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by beaucamera, Oct 19, 2005.

1. One of the interesting parts about my job as a Real Estate Broker is the chance to see a wide variety of homes and living styles.

Here you see what appears to be a simple cottage on the hill. Actually this is a four car garage that you enter from the opposite site. Have you ever seen a prettier garage? It's part of a cluster of buildings, including the main residence that fit around a circular drive and courtyard.

To access this grand home you travel 2 miles up a private road. It's an amazingly private setting and to get to it you pass through groves of wonderful old redwoods and mixed chapparal that are part of the coastal hills of the San Francisco peninsula. The home (about 7550 sq. ft.) is located in the Town of Portola Valley and is relatively new construction. It's is located on 8.5 acres.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

BTW, if you have an extra $9M to spare, you can make it yours.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    $9M for pocket change...No Prob....LOL :eek:

You are right, that is about the most gorgeous garage I've ever seen....I can only imagine what the home itself looks like...

Thanks for sharing...and giving me something to wish for....

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    WOW

Great images also :>))

checks in the mail lol

4. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Virginia, that garage is almost identical to a classic Highlands house, with 4 beds and one bath.
    Talk about living on the hog! :smile:

My eyes are Jade.

5. Virginia the garage look bigger than the house i live in and more beautifut too.

6. Hey, guys, I hope I haven't made anyone feel badly about their less humble abode. Thanks, Rob, for telling me about Highland houses. I'd never heard that term used before.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. Leigh, I didn't take a picture of the house, which is situated to the right of garage in this photo. It is a two story, traditional home in the same style as as the garage. There is also a guest house opposite the garage, that matches the look of the garage. All is all this is a beautifully designed complex of buildings on a remote and lovely site about 35 miles south of San Francisco.

7. I saw the $9M and then looked at the picture and thought huh!!! Then I read that this was the garage and it all came clear. Very nice.

8. FishSauce

FishSauce

Aug 10, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Virginia,
    I don't feel bad at all, just want to express my sorrow that this garage is more beautiful than my house :frown: