Could have been a Kingfisher but...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Dec 16, 2005.

1. I could not get into position in time. I had a opportunity for a Kingfisher today and he was pretty darn close, but after I moved in and was setting up the tripod he flew off.. I even had two opportunities... With my new toy he would have been pretty big inthe frame.. Ah the ones that got away again...:eek: :eek:

Soo, today had to settle for a pretty duckie.. A Wood Duck was nice enough to pose for me in some pretty decent light and colorful water..

Enjoy

53607773.gif

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I really like the look of the water behind the duck Eric! Almost artificial, yet with the subject so sharp. Well done!

3. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice shot. Love that creamy golden water! So, you bought the lens? Last I remember you were renting it.

4. Nice colors Eric. Those VR lenses seem to me to have a unique way of blurring the backgrounds.

BTW, Kingfisher + VR = Shoot! Set the tripod up later! :wink:

5. radz

radz

Nov 12, 2005
    NewDelhi,India
    Nice colourful shot,love the golden bg.
    Hope to see Kingfisher shot soon:).

6. This is great one. Love the golden water.

7. I did bumb up the saturation in photoshop anout 10-15% to make the water more colorful that it was there, but the color was there just added to it...

8. Yep, Steve S i went ahead and bought the lens finally.. I sold off my 300/4 old non-AFS version...

9. Thanks Jim, Problem was first time the KF I had to change cards first before moving. Then after I did move a bit to get the other bush out of the way he flew off. Then I had a second shot at him on another perch and flew off before I swung the lens around to get him in the viewfinder...
    Had two opportunities and got nothing...

My friend who was with me got 3 shots with a D70+80-200+1.4X TC... have not seen them yet...

[qoute]Nice colors Eric. Those VR lenses seem to me to have a unique way of blurring the backgrounds.
    BTW, Kingfisher + VR = Shoot! Set the tripod up later! Regards,
    Jim[/quote]

Rathika,
    Did not get any kingfisher shots yesterday, but might head back this weekend and see if the little birdie is around that pond again...

Thanks Phil