could someone help me

Discussion in 'Printers, Monitors, and Color Management' started by roach, Jul 28, 2007.

1. roach

roach

Jan 13, 2006
    indiana
    i will be getting a slighty used canon 9900 printer. could you let me know if they have any problems with them. tell me the pros and cons. i have the 8500 and love it. if you own one please tell me about it. thank you

2. Hey roach,

I tried the "Search" feature above and typed in 9900..there were about a dozen hits...maybe try there.

3. Pesto126

Pesto126

Apr 13, 2006
    Northeast USA
    I have the earlier version of that printer (i960) which has served me very well for about 3 years now. The i9900 is a fantastic printer.. fast, with wide paper support, cheap ink and expanded red/green as well. The only downside is the inks are not pigment based and will fade if left out of albums.

To be honest.. I've only had a few 4x6's fade that I've printed on the i960 which uses the same ink.. but something to keep in mind. I'd buy without hesitation unless you could get one of the newer canons for a few dollars more..

4. roach

roach

Jan 13, 2006
    indiana
    thanks everyone dave

5. I have the i9900 and love it! Here are some random comments:

- I love 13 X 19 prints!
    - I only use original Canon ink. I believe you do yourself a disservice to use after market ink
    - I mainly use Canon Photo Paper Pro paper. Expensive, but awesome result.
    - The provided profiles were OK, but far from perfect. I had a custom profile made for my most used combination (Canon Photo Paper Pro paper / canon ink).
    - I use one other paper with very good results: Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl Paper. The Canon i9900 profile Ilford provides for this paper is good enough for me).
    - Power: I leave it powered on all the time.
    - I have never had a jam, nor have I ever had any problems with clogging.

I hope you will enjoy this great printer as much as I have.

6. I had an S9000 for several years and it was great. No clogging or jamming, great, fast printing. Earlier this year I had a problem with the paper feed after moving house and took the opportunity to replace with a Canon Pro9000 which is awesome as long as you're careful with colour correction.

7. roach

roach

Jan 13, 2006
    indiana
    thanks everone i might need some help with the profiles i have never done it . dave

8. adaml

adaml

Feb 21, 2006
    chicago
    I heartily agree with everything that Frits wrote, but I would add one thing.

While the i9900 makes beautiful color prints, don't use it for Black and White. The various color inks are combined with the Black, to make the midtones, and it just doesn't work. Depending upon the light source, you will many different color casts in a B&W print. The condition is called "metamerism".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.