Counterfeit Lowepro?

Probably not, Rodney. I have a brand new, Lowepro Flipside 300 here that I've never used. It still has the tags on it. It was made in China.

Carole

Crumpler has the same; you can buy Crumpler bags for half the amount on eBay, directly from China.

Is it a knockoff? I would not be surprised if it's not a cheap imitation but the real deal, and that somebody simply made a deal with an insider of the factory where they're made. Lowepro, who's delivering the brand name, marketing, design (and likely warranty) is not seeing a single dime of what you're paying though.

It's getting harder to figure out since everything is made in China these days. It could also be a "second" that didn't make the grade for Lowepro. Maybe the stitching isn't perfect or something else is wrong. It's the old "buyer beware". One thing you won't get is a warranty, and Lowepro has a good one. But you have to buy from an authorized dealer.

Carole

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom