Country Girl Outside

John, I like the lighting balance you achieved in #1. That's my pick from this series.

I'm not a fan of her hairstyle obscuring her one eye. My own personal quirk. I like to see both eyes!

I also wonder if these could be improved a bit if shot at longer focal length. Taking a few steps back and shooting at 70mm would give a different look than at 48mm. Look at her shoe in the first pic. It looks huge at the bottom of the frame at 45mm. Just a thought.

Daisy Mae LIVES! :) Great portraits, lovely model. In #1 and 3, the knees are made more prominent by the wide angle. Could be solved by, as suggested, by a longer focal length, more distance from the lovely lady, and/or angling the knees so they aren't pointing directly at the camera.

Thanks guys I appreciate the comments. I did try longer focal length but the layout and the fences would not let me go back further and I was not standing inside the fences with the animals.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom