Country Mailbox

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by MurphyD, May 27, 2007.

1. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    I saw the color of the cut field and looked for something to put in front of it.
    It has control points but this is the real sky from this morning.
    Does the foreground need to be brighter?
    David

[​IMG]

2. Nice capture David! The clouds in the background are subtle yet striking. If anything I would try to bring them out a bit. I think the foreground looks fine. That lone tall weed on the left is a tad distracting though. It detracts from the beautiful sky and clouds behind it . It was the first thing my eye went to after the mailbox.

3. PJohnP

PJohnP

Feb 5, 2005
    David :

Nicely composed shot !

Yes, the foreground needs a bit more lightening, and the sky a bit more darkening. I also agree about the errant stem, unless that's a part of your compositional vision.

John P.

4. I like this a lot, looks like weather coming in!

5. I like the colors. I would clone out that tall weed though.

6. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Love the shot, agree with the others, clone out weed, and I did one touch of contrast and it seemed to do the trick. Great eye on this shot, love the contrastbetween the colors in foreground and the sky, the bands of colors,

Cheers,

Wade

7. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    A very nice composition !!!

Regards

RFC

8. Agree with the others - love the shot and the comp!

9. Very nice! Are those tornado proof mailboxes? They look very sturdy.

10. MurphyD

MurphyD

Jan 17, 2007
    South Texas
    Taking your advice

Thank you all for your kind comments.
    I did a some more work and came up with this. I like it better and it more accurately represents the heavy clouds/bright light. I blended two versions and didn't quite nail the absolute seamless mesh at the horizon line. But (ha, ha) this is digital and I can do it 'til I get it right.

San Antonio is not in Tornado Alley, but we are smack in the middle of Flash Flood Alley. This is down river from an old dam which developed some cracks in the last session of month long downpours a few years ago. The road was already washing out in a number of places. The clouds are real, both pictorially and weatherly. (Is that a word?):rolleyes:
    David

[​IMG]

11. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Nice retouch David. However, let me be the lone dissenter in the crowd -- I liked the single weed. It helped me look at the image as a whole rather than going straight to the clouds. The mailbox does that on the right, but I felt that the weed gave a little balance. Either way, it's a very nice image (after the cloud enhancement).

12. TonyC

TonyC Guest

Fantastic.