Country Shots

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by vettenut, Aug 2, 2007.

1. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Took a long drive 3 weeks ago, unfortunately the subject matter was good but the sky was completely washed out. Managed to get a few I liked. Constructive criticism always welcome. - Jeff

View attachment 109308

This vehicle was priced at over $1400 dollars
    View attachment 109309

Catch this!!
    View attachment 109310

The next (3) were taken on my way to Limerock Race Track
    View attachment 109311

No those are not Dog Houses in the background
    View attachment 109312

They are Cow Houses
    View attachment 109313

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2007
  2. Yes, those veal houses make me sad every time I see them. :frown:

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I thought those were veal houses....yikes. But the rest of the images are delightful.

4. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi Gretchen & Frank,
    I have lived near country settings most of my life (mostly dairy/chicken farms) but I had never seen these houses before and wasn't quite sure what to make of them. Now I feel bummed out, it didn't occur to me they were being prepped for the dinner plate:frown:

5. My in-laws are in the very SW Berkshires (7mi from CT and 2 mi from NY). We often drop down into CT for a good meal and I've seen them many times.

BTW, hubby and I are planning to be at the BWM shin-dig at Limerock over Labor Day weekend. Any chance you'll be out there?? :smile:

6. I absolutely LOVE the shot of the farmer baling the hay. Never seen one of those at work, and your capture is just perfect in it's timing. :biggrin:

7. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Hi again Gretchen, I hadn't really thought too much about the Labor Day weekend event yet, I will definately check it out and let you know if I plan on going, would be nice to see a fellow Cafe member.- Jeff