Countryside around Smetlede

Smetlede, a village I had never heard of before we took this quiet walk in the - very - early spring countryside.
All of these were taken with an old canon 28mm lens in m39

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Bill Walderman
This is a really nice series. The images with the windmill are picturesque (at least for those of us who don't live in areas where they're common), but all of them are examples of how skilled photographers can shape mundane scenes from their environment into compelling images.

Really appreciated, Nick and Bill!
Thank you both!

Great set; I really enjoy them all, but #4 is fascinating, and 9 and 10 are great example of the countryside (in my mind!).
This is a really nice series. The images with the windmill are picturesque (at least for those of us who don't live in areas where they're common), but all of them are examples of how skilled photographers can shape mundane scenes from their environment into compelling images.

Thank you, Ron!
Much appreciated!

Looked like a damp Spring Bart. Very nice work, all of them. I actually really like the last one. Smallest church ever or a confession box should you swear if your clothes get muddy? Fascinating.
We have a lot of those here. They are called "kappel" (chapel, shrine).
Always dedicated to Mary. 99% too small to even hold chairs.
Often even so small they are hung up in tree or on a wall. Or part of a building as in #4.
The origin is supposed to be a christian "translation" of shrines for the goddess freya in the time of the christianisation of our region.

Some other examples :)

Thank you, Ron!
Much appreciated!

We have a lot of those here. They are called "kappel" (chapel, shrine).
Always dedicated to Mary. 99% too small to even hold chairs.
Often even so small they are hung up in tree or on a wall. Or part of a building as in #4.
The origin is supposed to be a christian "translation" of shrines for the goddess freya in the time of the christianisation of our region.

Some other examples :)

View attachment 1644796

View attachment 1644797

View attachment 1644798

View attachment 1644799

View attachment 1644800
Amazing - and thanks for putting me right. Nice that you have such a selection of pics too.

Stellar collection. I love the processing, the composition. While are good, my favorites, are #5 and #6....especially #5. It's just visually...textured, peaceful, I just enjoy looking at it. Definitely needs to be framed and on a wall. Again, I said...stellar "collection"...so all are outstanding to my eye. On repeat viewing, I also like #9.....it conveys..quiet..peaceful...at least to me.

Thank you, Jeff, Wile and Terri!
Very much appreciated!

Stellar collection. I love the processing, the composition. While are good, my favorites, are #5 and #6....especially #5. It's just visually...textured, peaceful, I just enjoy looking at it. Definitely needs to be framed and on a wall. Again, I said...stellar "collection"...so all are outstanding to my eye. On repeat viewing, I also like #9.....it conveys..quiet..peaceful...at least to me.
#6 is my favorite! All were very well done.Would not mind having it on my wall!
Neat series! No. 12 is my favorite. I think it has a very interesting composition.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom