County Fair Midway

I went to the Walworth County Fair Saturday night with the hope of capturing some of the atmosphere of the fair. I think this is one that came close.
48713857.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Comments are always appreciated.

Mike

PGB

Nice color. The sunset accentuated the capture.

I like it.

Thanks for sharing,

Excellent image. I see you had a vision before you started. Well done.

Almost looks loke a fine painting.

Patrick and Gale,
Thanks for the kind words. Gale, the idea that it looks like a painting or illustration has occurred to me, too. I've printed it at 13 x 19 and it further supports that thought.
Mike

That is really amazing color, lending to the dreamy feel and potentially surreal nature of carnivals as depicted in stories. What filter did you use and how did you process it?

Bohdan, Christian and Gordon,
Thanks for the kind words.

Christian, I wish I could say it was skill in using some secret filter, but it was just excessive use of CSPS Shadow/highlight.

Mike

Hey Mike,

I looks like the trip to Walworth County was a very good one. This capture is very nice. The colored clouds look great by the setting sun. The neon and colored florescent lighting is vivid and without blur. The overall color saturation and exposure are perfect. Great stuff, Mike.

D

dbirdsong

That is a very well done photo Mike..
That Shadow/highlight feature in PS is quickly becoming one of my favorite features of the program.

I will have to remember how well the shadow/highlight can pay off! I thought you might have played with the color channels a little further, but sometimes everything is just perfect and you're right down to your skills as a photograher to make it happen. Great job!

Very nice effect. It looks like a good candidate for the Hayes Island Effect, which would really give it a watercolor look.

Biggs and Baywing,
Thanks for your kind words.
I have an idea of the Hayes Island Effect, but I don't know how to apply it. Do you have any idea where I could look?
Mike

Baywing,
I've cropped the image slightly and printed it at 12 x 18. It almost looks like an illustration already. I'll try the Hayes Island Café effect tonight and see how it works.

Thanks for the pointer.

Mike

For Baywing--Hayes Island Effect

Baywing,
Tried the Hayes Island Cafe effect. I just used the defaults without modification. Here's the result. Thanks for the tip.
48911628.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike Z

Reminds me of my childhood summer dreams.....the Carnival!

This image is perfect!

Regards

RFC

Latest threads

Top Bottom