Couple HS soccer shots

I shot soccer again last night and again trying different things. Both shooting and in PP.

Now I know these are NOT Mike Macarifc, Randawesome, or Brookslicious, :smile: but I am wondering what anybody might have to say about the IQ. Color-wise they look pretty good and sharp (not overly so) on my calibrated monitor. I know action wise they aren't that great but what about IQ?

These were shot using my D200, AF-C (sometimes used the confusing AF-ON button :smile:), Matrix metering adjusting EV as needed, 300/f4 AF-S @ f4, ISO 400-800, SS's varied.

Thanks for any feedback.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
They look fine to me Joe, but to check IQ better, I'd have to see larger versions of them. My eyes aren't what they used to be!

Nice shooting Joe, but like the others have commented, 800 pixels on the longest side would help in viewing these images.

hey Joe, not a direct critique of these per se, but have you given Center Weight metering a try? I didn't like matrix on my D200, and pretty much shoot CW 6mm or 8mm....will wait for the larger ones...

Soccer is super tuff to master but you are def on the way, can't tell about IQ at that size but color looks good and the action describes soccer to me.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom