Couple of "bugs"

Here are a couple of more bug photos. Promise to quit for awhile now, give you a break, and attempt to apply all of the good stuff I have learned from you nice folks.
Thanks a bunch.
Jerry Snider

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, some grain is showing :oops: ! 1/250 f22 ISO 200 SB-0800 flash -1.0 EV 80-200 mm @ 200 with 5T diopter

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Full flash isn't very exciting is it? 1/320 f22 SB-800 Flash 0 EV Lens 80-200 mm @ 200 with 5T diopter

I like them both (especially #1), but I really like the way that you caught the ant with the butterfly in #2. You give us macro noobs something to shoot for. 8)

Frank,
I wondered who might mention the ant. Used the 80-200 ED f2.8 zoom with 5T diopter for both pics. The background was so horrible on the 2nd pic that I kicked the flash up to full power.
My best,
Jerry Snider

Beautiful shots, can you share what f stop you used on each - that will tell us a lot about the shot. Cheers, Sandi

PS: don't quit posting, we'll let you know when we're tired of these!

Sandi,
I'm a tad embarassed :oops: since I come from a long film background and have little experience with serious digital. Although I have used Photoshop since it's inception and although I do use the EXIF data from the camera occasionally for my own purposes, I haven't given thought re how to include such information with the photos (read: I don't have a clue :cry: !!). I realize that there is software now available for adding this info directly to the pic, however I don't have a clue as to how to do it. Also, when coming from Nikon Capture I know that not all of the EXIF info is transferred to Photoshop (I believe that I am correct here?). At least ISO info is not transferred? Also, since I shoot in raw I don't understand how to save the EXIF data with jpeg files. So without going back to the original DVDs, at least for the moment, I don't have this info. readily available. Wish that I knew how to do this stuff, and have followed lots of threads on it, but w/o a simplified step by step I likely couldn't do it. Likely just one of the reasons I don't normally join photographic web sites.
Sorry,
My best,
Jerry Snider

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom