Couple of "bugs"

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Jerry Snider, May 11, 2005.

1. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Here are a couple of more bug photos. Promise to quit for awhile now, give you a break, and attempt to apply all of the good stuff I have learned from you nice folks.
    Thanks a bunch.
    Jerry Snider

[​IMG]

Yes, some grain is showing :oops: ! 1/250 f22 ISO 200 SB-0800 flash -1.0 EV 80-200 mm @ 200 with 5T diopter

[​IMG]

Full flash isn't very exciting is it? 1/320 f22 SB-800 Flash 0 EV Lens 80-200 mm @ 200 with 5T diopter

2. Nice Jerry, very nice.

Martin

3. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    good stuff Jerry 1st one is very good as usual for you.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I like them both (especially #1), but I really like the way that you caught the ant with the butterfly in #2. You give us macro noobs something to shoot for. 8)

5. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Frank,
    I wondered who might mention the ant. Used the 80-200 ED f2.8 zoom with 5T diopter for both pics. The background was so horrible on the 2nd pic that I kicked the flash up to full power.
    My best,
    Jerry Snider

6. Beautiful shots, can you share what f stop you used on each - that will tell us a lot about the shot. Cheers, Sandi

PS: don't quit posting, we'll let you know when we're tired of these!

7. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Sandi,
    I'm a tad embarassed :oops: since I come from a long film background and have little experience with serious digital. Although I have used Photoshop since it's inception and although I do use the EXIF data from the camera occasionally for my own purposes, I haven't given thought re how to include such information with the photos (read: I don't have a clue :cry: !!). I realize that there is software now available for adding this info directly to the pic, however I don't have a clue as to how to do it. Also, when coming from Nikon Capture I know that not all of the EXIF info is transferred to Photoshop (I believe that I am correct here?). At least ISO info is not transferred? Also, since I shoot in raw I don't understand how to save the EXIF data with jpeg files. So without going back to the original DVDs, at least for the moment, I don't have this info. readily available. Wish that I knew how to do this stuff, and have followed lots of threads on it, but w/o a simplified step by step I likely couldn't do it. Likely just one of the reasons I don't normally join photographic web sites.
    Sorry,
    My best,
    Jerry Snider

8. WHOA!!! You can't get any better than that!! WOW!! Excellent detail!! :D :D :D :D

9. Phantastic again! You really handle fill flash as decent as it's necessary.