Couple of Damsels

Hello all!

Went to search for n:eek: 30 to be added my list of photographed species. Got lucky, found them and I was also able to shoot both male & female Coenagrion armatums.

I used 300mm af-s f4 + Kenko 68mm extension tubes today... Little bit wobble, got fee error two times... Maybe nikon tubes would be better?
I used also metro/subway to get the location :smile:

#1 male Coenagrion armatum
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 male Coenagrion armatum

#3 male Coenagrion armatum

#4 male Coenagrion armatum

#5 Female Coenagrion armatum

#6 and a female Coenagrion pulchellum

Thanks for looking! :smile:

Outstanding shots Jukka. I suppose you used a tri- or monopod too. A lot of gear to carry in the metro.

Seems like this combo really shines.

Outstanding shots Jukka. I suppose you used a tri- or monopod too. A lot of gear to carry in the metro.

Seems like this combo really shines.
Tak Torben!

Yep, I used a tripod. And yes it´s a quite lot to carry... especially as I was going there I got out one stop too early and didn´t realize it until coming back... Lot of extra walk... Luckily when coming back I was smart enough and hopped in a bus so I wouldn´t be lost again :smile:

Like #3 best

Very nice colors also of background and sharp allover the body.

That is a lot of gear indeed. Do you always choose this setup for the dragons and damsels?

cheers, Mark

Excellent shots Jukka. I have this combo too. The FEE errors can drive you crazy. The nikon tubes are much more rugged. Here is a shot with the 300 mm and the 27.5 mm PK13 tube, on a d-200.

http://www.pbase.com/image/79504924/original
Thanks, Scott! :smile:

Yep, I used them first time on sunday with the 300mm, got "fee" twice and I don´t want to experience that in critacal moments ever again, so I just offered them for a guy looking for af tubes ...

Today I bought an used PK-13 tube and made a WTB ad for a PN-11 and an hour later I got first offer. So, I guess I´m going to use Nikon only tubes from now on...

That´s one heck of a shot, Scott!

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice colors also of background and sharp allover the body.

That is a lot of gear indeed. Do you always choose this setup for the dragons and damsels?

cheers, Mark
Thanks, Mark! :smile:

Well, last summer I used 1.7x tc mostly with the 300mm. This summer I have used also Sigma 150mm but can´t help I prefer 300mm because of working distance. This was the first time I used Kenko tubes. As well as the last time (check reply for Scott´s post). So, it´s lot of gear to carry around... + rubber boots :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom