Couple of Damsels

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by j.ankanpaa, May 27, 2007.

1. Hello all!

Went to search for n:eek: 30 to be added my list of photographed species. Got lucky, found them and I was also able to shoot both male & female Coenagrion armatums.

I used 300mm af-s f4 + Kenko 68mm extension tubes today... Little bit wobble, got fee error two times... Maybe nikon tubes would be better?
    I used also metro/subway to get the location :smile:

#1 male Coenagrion armatum
    270507-0005.

#2 male Coenagrion armatum
    270507-0006.

#3 male Coenagrion armatum
    270507-0013.

#4 male Coenagrion armatum
    270507-0023.

#5 Female Coenagrion armatum
    270507-0031.

#6 and a female Coenagrion pulchellum
    270507-0035.

Thanks for looking! :smile:

2. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Outstanding shots Jukka. I suppose you used a tri- or monopod too. A lot of gear to carry in the metro.

Seems like this combo really shines.

3. Tak Torben!

Yep, I used a tripod. And yes it´s a quite lot to carry... especially as I was going there I got out one stop too early and didn´t realize it until coming back... Lot of extra walk... Luckily when coming back I was smart enough and hopped in a bus so I wouldn´t be lost again :smile:

4. Excellent! Sharp, well detailed.

5. Thanks, Miriam!

6. SSchex

SSchex

May 18, 2005
    Louisiana, USA
    Excellent shots Jukka. I have this combo too. The FEE errors can drive you crazy. The nikon tubes are much more rugged. Here is a shot with the 300 mm and the 27.5 mm PK13 tube, on a d-200.

http://www.pbase.com/image/79504924/original

7. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    Like #3 best

Very nice colors also of background and sharp allover the body.

That is a lot of gear indeed. Do you always choose this setup for the dragons and damsels?

cheers, Mark

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shots for sure

9. Thanks, Scott! :smile:

Yep, I used them first time on sunday with the 300mm, got "fee" twice and I don´t want to experience that in critacal moments ever again, so I just offered them for a guy looking for af tubes ...

Today I bought an used PK-13 tube and made a WTB ad for a PN-11 and an hour later I got first offer. So, I guess I´m going to use Nikon only tubes from now on...

That´s one heck of a shot, Scott!

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2007
  10. Thanks, Mark! :smile:

Well, last summer I used 1.7x tc mostly with the 300mm. This summer I have used also Sigma 150mm but can´t help I prefer 300mm because of working distance. This was the first time I used Kenko tubes. As well as the last time (check reply for Scott´s post). So, it´s lot of gear to carry around... + rubber boots :biggrin:

11. Thanks, Gale! :smile: