Couple of Eagle Shots

I've been spending a lot of time with the new D7100 and have been singing its praises. But the D4 still ROCKS THE HOUSE. At times like this, give me fps and buffer capacity any time :biggrin:

Nikon D4, 200-400VR
f/5.6 @ 400 mm, 1/2000, ISO 250

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here's one taken with the little V1 while our paddling around in a kayak. If you look there is a juvie eagle in the top of one of the sunlit trees :smile:

View attachment 1201145

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Amazing first shot!!!!!!! You've captured a great moment!

AND with the 200-400! Careful, you'll make me re-think selling mine! LOL!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, folks. I've been trying to get a shot like that with an eagle for years. For some reason something has always gone wrong. This time the stars aligned. Sun at my back, bird coming towards the camera, decent range for teh lens, and a D4 in my hands :biggrin: All I had to do was set the camera to sunny 16, point it at the bird, and fill up the buffer :smile:

That is one beautiful eagle shot. It sure is nice when it all comes together. But when it comes to shooting eagles there is still a lot of skill involved and your skill shines here. Well done.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom