1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

couple of flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Thaddeus, Sep 11, 2008.

1. Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Jul 24, 2008
    TX
    really enjoying the 28-105

2846784435_2b72b766b9.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

and the 50 1.8 ...

View attachment 252101

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Glad to see your making progress with your new D70 since the D100 AF failed.

I like the first shot, the B/W, composistion and square format works for me.

The second one troubles me however, it's ok in theory. However to my tastes, on my monitor it seems very blue. I hope you don't mind that I took it to Photoshop and fiddled the colours a bit. Here's what I got:

[​IMG]

3. Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Jul 24, 2008
    TX
    ha, it is very blue indeed. I was messing around with some cross-processing filters. Probably should have specified that so as to not drive your eyes/brain nuts.

thanks for the feedback!

4. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Ahh yes, you should have said it was intentional! If you're going for the whole simulated XPro thing perhaps some PP vignetting and other Holga-esque traits might improve the image.

I assumed you'd left the WB set from a shoot under indoor lighting or something!

5. Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Jul 24, 2008
    TX
    well i didn't want to be entirely cliche', but i think you're right, in so far as accurately relaying my intentions. good input, thanks for the feedback.

and yes, i'm indeed loving the d70s over the d100. subtle nuances of difference and trading the d100 for 28-105 has been equally pleasant.

6. Thaddeus

Thaddeus

Jul 24, 2008
    TX
    so i went back to re-process and actually found i liked it with a b/w filter applied...

2849221534_1342b4064e.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.