Couple of Ford GT shots shot Really Wide

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Steve S, Jul 27, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    These were taken with my Nikon 12-24 just before I dropped it onto the pavement, necessitating repairs. :?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice images Steve. I like the lens flair and how you captured the 3/4 orientation in the first image. I'll bet it was tough shooting the second image considering the color of the GT and the setting sun.

Keep the images coming, Steve.

3. Johan

Johan

Jun 18, 2005
    Belgium
    Hi Steve,

I go with Frank here, the colors are stunning as well as the car, what a beast !!! The light you get from the setting sun is superb.
    Great job man !!!

The nice thing is, when shooting with such glasswork is the detail(s) you get.
    So, I'm sorry to here what happened to it.

Best of luck with the lens, fingers crossed

Kind regards

Johan

4. Ack, sorry about the lens! That hurts! (I don't have that lens, but I'd reaaallly like one.) Love the GT photos...we're a Ford family, so all Ford publicity is good publicity :)

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Sommer,

Ahh, it ain't nuthin' that several hundred dollars can't fix! :roll: Thanks for the comments!

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Get to drive it this weekend!

Gave the owner several more 8x10 prints last Sun, and he's graciously agreed to let me take it out with him for a test drive. WOO HOO!

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Steve,

Give the guy your camera so he can photograph the huge smile that's going to be on your face!!!!

8. Nice pics although I personally have no use for a Ford ( :wink: )!!!

One question, have you tried "removing" the car that's in the background of the first one?

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Hiya D.R.!

Good to see your smiling "avatar" over here!
    Ya, that's an oversight, sort of "didn't see the forest for the trees" deal. It's the GT owner's next door neighbor lady's little white Merc SLK in the bg there, who also showed up to take some pics. I was so busy removing lens flair, telephone poles and guide wires, I didn't pay any attention to it.

10. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Steve...did you ever get the chance to drive one of those bad boys yet?

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    No , we didn't hook up last weekend

because his brother, the co-owner of the dealership, had "dibs" on the car for that weekend. Hope for the next upcoming weekend.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    See if you can get someone to get a snap of you behind the wheel. That assuredly will be a keeper for the desk.

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Oh, I think that could be arranged! ;c)

Better yet, how 'bout a video of me laying a humongous patch! :shock: Na, I told him I'm take it REAL easy if he let me drive.

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Yep...that would make for a great video clip...then pan over to catch the owner clutching his chest just before he goes down for the count!

15. Lisa

Lisa

May 3, 2005
    IL
    WOW, Steve, these are awesome! What a lens...sorry to hear about the trip it took to the pavement. It's one of those things you watch happen in slow motion. Happened to me but it was only 70-300ED..Hope all turns out okay.